Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station connected to Internet, but showing offline

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Glendemic
Follower
Follower

We had some internet issues a few days ago, and since rebooting our router etc our base station is showing as Offline in the app.

The cameras are synched, have been re-synched, and the correct LED's are showing up on the base station, but for some reason, the system is offline. 

Not sure what to try next, would appreciate any help! 

We have three Arlo cams, all showing offline currently. Oh, and our internet has been up and running for days now with no down time.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

turn all off and try and bring them back up in this order ...modemm - router - arlo base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Indie
Aspirant
Aspirant

This same thing is happening to me and the fix does not work, please help

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Reset the base station to factory settings.

Indie
Aspirant
Aspirant
We tried that several times it doesn't fix the problem
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Have you remove all cameras first? Unplug from wall? Plug back in and see if you can see it in your router settings?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Some folks call restarting or power cycling the base "resetting" - it's not. A reset uses the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.
garyw342
Tutor
Tutor

I too am having the same issue...did a factory reset, I have internet and power LED both green, and cameras will connect (based on LED lights.  But the app shows the base station is offline and i can't access any cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

garyw342,

If you performed a factory reset without removing the base station from your Arlo account first, this could be the issue. Navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Remove Device. After it has been removed, log back in to your Arlo account and click "Add Device", select base station and follow the on screen prompts.

JamesC

Indie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you I had a second base station that is now working... so what you say makes sense...the same thing started to happen...cameras offline sometimes 1 sometimes all, did nothing signed out signed back in about an hour or two later everything working fine...not sure what's causing the issue at this point...we have gone several days now the cameras are showing no issue....