Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just installed yesterday the new iOS app on my ipad g3.

I know that they added new features for the Go Pro... but not liking the fade feature of the static views on the live cameras.

Don't know how many people tested it before release, but it makes the static live view almost unusable under certain light conditions.

The static view ( now when you an see it ) was for me usefull in the fact it showed the last active shot that was a trigger event ... It many times would save me from actually logging in to view ( if the trigger  event was recent ).

Now I have to actually change my screen brightness under certain conditions to view...

not a good idea IMO.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with update 2.3.1. Please download the latest Arlo mobile app version from the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Spartanexecutve
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree completely with TomMac..... the new faded/dark static camera views are definitely NOT an improvement. I seriously hope this is a bug that will be fixed in the IOS Arlo App. The static camera views prior to the latest app update need to be restored, they were at least useful before.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is aware of this issue and is working hard toward a resolution. I will post an update when I have more information.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with update 2.3.1. Please download the latest Arlo mobile app version from the app store.

JamesC

Francie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have installed update 2.3.1.  And still have the same problems 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Francie,

I have not been able to replicate the dark image issue after the update. Consider reinstalling the Arlo app and try again to further isolate.

Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC