Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mzm
Guide
Guide

The new Arlo app is only available in the App store (Apple) or on Google Play neither of which work on Kindle Fires so now what?

51 REPLIES 51
ryanwood17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here.  This is ridiculous and no responses from Arlo.  When I called into Arlo support their first reaction was to tell me I needed to call and discuss with Amazon.  Upon further discussion and clarification, the support person talked with Engineering to find out they are aware of the issue and that I would get a response within 24 hours on a status update.  3 days later and I still haven't gotten a response.

I originally bought a Fire tablet as it was Arlo's recommendation for a monitor after they backed out from making their own monitor, again as promised.  It is frustrating to have a company run like this and just keep making changes on the fly without any notifications to their end users.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is aware that the download link is not available on Amazon at this time and is currently looking into this. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding.

JN32189
Initiate
Initiate

Hi JessicaP, and anyone else who can help with this - very unhappy customer here.

Following up on my previous post as well as many others in looking for a solution to the new Arlo App no longer being available for download or working on the Kindle Fire. I took the advice of a previous poster and re-installed the old app, which I have been using in the interim. However, my toddler daughter climbed up and fell out of her crib this afternoon, and my husband and I didn't even have the opportunity to attempt to intervene because when she hit the floor, the first thing we did was quickly check the monitor and lo and behold, she was still standing up in her crib on the screen - ran to her room when she started screaming and she was on the floor. Fortunately she is okay, but upon inspecting and comparing the Kindle Arlo app side by side to our iPhone Arlo app, we were shocked to realize that the old (and only) Kindle app has a 10-11 second delay in transmitting the video to the app/monitor. 10 seconds is an incredibly long time when the security and safety of your child is at stake. We have gone back to using our old, hardwired, non-Wifi baby monitor as it has proven more reliable than Arlo at this time. I will be calling Arlo directly on Monday, but just had to get the message out as I've been so upset about it all day and feel other users should be made aware. It is completely disappointing that for a product at this price point, we Kindle users are seemingly being left high and dry for over a month now for answers.

lauraann922
Aspirant
Aspirant

After not being able to find a Kindle app for the new Arlo Baby monitor we purchased (advertised as working with Kindle Fires) I reached out to someone at Arlo via Chat.  The only answer I ever received was that the app is only available for Apple and Android devices.  I received the same response when I asked if it would ever work with Kindle Fire.  Will be returning the two monitors I purchased immediately.  False advertising and how can this company give previous users a discount on a Kindle Fire as a replacement for a home base monitor and then take away the ability for those customers to actually use it? Extremely poor customer service. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is still looking into this issue where the Arlo app is not available on Amazon devices. We'll be sure to update the community when the Arlo app is back up. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

mzm
Guide
Guide

Dear Jessica,

Look back at the beginning of this thread.  How long do you expect us to be patient?  It has been months!  The really annoying part is THE OLD APP WORKED FINE!  So what was done to wreck it and why?

MZM

Pltnm9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates on this matter?

mzm
Guide
Guide

Only reply I got was, "Thank you for your patience.  We're working on it."

FIREONTHEWIRE
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo: Appstore for Android - Amazon.com
Product description. We will discontinue supporting this app experience on September 30
mzm
Guide
Guide

Easy to say AFTER people have purchased the item.  Originally the app worked well, for more than a year in fact.  To arbitrarily discontinue it with no replacement breaks the agreement in place when the purchase was made.

neilanderson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought both the Arlo Baby, and the Amazon Fire Hd tablet, both from Amazon.

im having a nightmare trying to install the arlo app on to the Fire HD tablet. It does not appear to be available, despite Amazon stating this to be the ideal device to use as a dedicated monitor.

has anyone had any luck pairing these devices? 

I can stream it using my iPhone, over WiFi, though it’s very laggy, approx 15s delay, I’m hoping the Amazon device will function better, if I can ever get the things connected.... 

Ashley-c
Aspirant
Aspirant
The way we have gotten around not having the Arlo app on our Fire 8 is enabling the Arlo Alexa skill, which then allows us to say “Alexa show me the nursery” and it will stream the camera after setup. But this only streams you can’t zoom or control anything like you can on our iPhone app. Hope this helps, we are using this sub par method hoping the app will be fixed soon!
mzm
Guide
Guide

That only works if you have an Alexander enabled Fire.  The older ones like mine don't have Alexander.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our team is still looking into this issue and is doing their best to have the Arlo app available on the Amazon App Store. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this. We will be sure to update the community when we hear any new information.

Crowsnest41
Initiate
Initiate

Are there any updates on the arlo app on the Amazon site.  It seems to me that this is a problem and you are supplying wrong information when selling your arlo product.  Your packaging even states you can get the app from the Amazon store.  This really sucks when you have purchased a kindle fire and then the arlo pro and you can't link them together.  I really would like to know if this is every going to be available if not I will be returning my arlo pro 2  and getting a different brand that works with my kindle.

Family371
Aspirant
Aspirant
My amazon fire tablet won’t allow the app
jamieCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please give us an update and working link for the Amazon Filre Tablet App. Thanks

mzm
Guide
Guide

As far as I know there isn't one yet.

wtfarlo
Initiate
Initiate

2019-09-26 is the date of the original post. It it March 2nd, 2020 as I write this post out.

How is it remotely acceptable that a product which we all purchased with the premise and marketing that Fire Tablets would be acting as a monitor, cannot even download the app?!?

Paulosportz
Guide
Guide
This is an absolute joke. Can't even use the fire i bought specifically for this arlo baby. How can it take months to fix something that as working fine. Never recommending arlo to anyone.
Abbi
Initiate
Initiate
Why is Arlo app not working on kindle fire with the new update?!? This is ridiculous. I bought the fire to use it as a monitor for the Arlo camera. Please send me instructions how to fix this.
Jwinn2010
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to find the Arlo app on Amazon and it is not there. I am now unable to use my tablet to view my cameras.

Keyrose91
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very frustrated that the new update does not work with my kindle fire. How am I supposed to view the monitor?! It has been months without a fix this is extremely frustrating and unacceptable, I will not recommend arlo.

Smajoros
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was forced to download a new app on my kindle fire and now it says arlo isn't found in the appstore??

Paulosportz
Guide
Guide
Can we all make a complaint to Consumer Affairs? Im going to. This is unacceptable.