Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Nat75dvhj
Follower
Follower

I was using a Netgear Nighthawk M1 portable mi-fi router as a base station for two Arlo cameras without issue for two years, but the Arlo App said my Nighthawk was offline. I've tried turning it off and on again, and tried disabling and enabling arlo functionality via the netgear web portal and reconnecting the cameras, but when i scan in the arlo app, nothing comes up.

Are Nighthawks no longer supported by arlo? If so why is Arlo Hub Base Station still an option in the netgear web portal?

Please help. My home is vulnerable whilst this isn't working.

Nat

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been a few abortive attempts to integrate Arlo capabilities into Netgear routers. All have failed miserably due to the need to update Arlo much more frequently than the router firmware. I expect that the M1 was the final attempt which has now been removed.

BTW, Netgear and Arlo are now two separate companies.

Moz2
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue and am very disappointed with having a setup that costs like $1000 that suddenly stopped working like this.

condor25
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo support has confirmed that the nighthawk m1 is no longer compatible with arlo cameras. The netgear app still has arlo as an option and will guide you through the entire process of setting up the arlo base station, only to realize that arlo app no longer has the option for setting it up wirelessly with the nighthawk hotspot. 

There is also a youtube video provided by Arlo with instructions on the entire process. 

The netgear nighthawk m1 box also states it supports Arlo cameras on the front of box. 

False marketing and lazy business people. its a shame not more people are aware of this. 

Tnjens
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not going to buy Arlo again