Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

mksmith
Star
Star

Every since the iPad app has been updated the it will not display live video. You hear the audio but video just displays a screen shot.

207 REPLIES 207
MrSpoons
Star
Star

A1584

Landscape or portrait makes no difference. I get live audio but a static picture.

Works fine on PC, iPhoneXS Max and iPhone 8....just not the iPad Pro.

You should treat your developers to an iPad Pro, that way they can share the fun your customers are having.

PAVEIT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well if I put the IPad in portrait and hen open Arlo app it will work for me.  That’s good news for a temporary fix. 

kahnnico
Star
Star

New iPad Pro 2018 12.9"  ( just released now on October 30th)  Live Stream works fine but first start the App in portrait mode an then switch to landscape....

No possibility to get full screen display

Ian11
Star
Star

I have the same issue.  Ipad pro not working unless first in portrait mode and then no full screen ability.

Jkritta
Guide
Guide

@Dullboy wrote:

Hey we may be on to something here!!  If I turn my iPad Pro (MLON2LL/A) to portrait mode BEFORE opening the app it works..it continues to work if I turn it to landscape mode.  But if I open the app in landscape mode it will not show live feed.  I must then swipe up the app to clear it, turn to portrait mode again before it works.  We are getting to the root problem here I believe...

Arlo should pay YOU for troubleshooting.  Starting in Portrait works for me as well.  Thanks for the info!

Still need the battery indicator visable without going into "Device Settings" though. It's not usefull where it is now.

cwillsmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo showed live video until the app changed.  Now it says live, but the picture is NOT live.  When you close out the live feed and then go back in, it shows a stillshot of what it should have shown live on the previous live session.

This is on an IPad.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

It appears to be an iPhone arlo app issue. Other iPhone users have reported the same thing. Fine on android. Hopefully arlo fixes it soon for iPhone users.

Sarg
Initiate
Initiate

Works here too.  Thanks but you’d think after all this time Netgear would have at least responded to all the complaints. I just added four new cameras and upgraded my service.  Was sure I had done something wrong and had tried everything to get them to work.

@Jkritta wrote:

@Dullboy wrote:

Hey we may be on to something here!!  If I turn my iPad Pro (MLON2LL/A) to portrait mode BEFORE opening the app it works..it continues to work if I turn it to landscape mode.  But if I open the app in landscape mode it will not show live feed.  I must then swipe up the app to clear it, turn to portrait mode again before it works.  We are getting to the root problem here I believe...

Arlo should pay YOU for troubleshooting.  Starting in Portrait works for me as well.  Thanks for the info!

Still need the battery indicator visable without going into "Device Settings" though. It's not usefull where it is now.

ArloProUserHere
Star
Star

Mine is working now.  I also upgraded to the lowest level of smart,  so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.  Shows live videos OK now.

JaneM
Star
Star

Still not working on iPad Pro. 

jggann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo live feed works sometimes on My Ipad Pro if I open while Ipad is in portrait mode......then sometimes it does not. Never works in landscape mode.. This is really taking a long time for Arlo support to correct. !!
Vjyeo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that works for me also. At least there is a work around until this is fixed. 

Espejo1128
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s working on my iPad Pro in the Portrait mode and then I can move to Landscape and it still works.

BradBulk
Aspirant
Aspirant

IPad Pro problems w live view.  Contacted support.  No help.  Read here that if you turn IPad upright, live view returns.  It does!  Easy fix, Arlo.  Why not fixed?

Shinnt
Initiate
Initiate

iPhone X app works great. Both iPad Pro ML0R2LL/A and MTFN2LL/A work when opening the app in Portrait mode. Live view is active after that point even when rotating to Landscape.

Thanks

ps I can't wait till you can add support for Apple Home!

Perladelamarina
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! In Portrait works! Hurray! I am on newiPad Pro 11. 

Dullboy
Guide
Guide

Going on a month now and still no fix....wow

chiefmongo
Guide
Guide

The Arlo app on my new iPad Pro 12.9” doesn’t seem to be updating the video correctly.  It is just stuck on an old image of crib area.  The audio still streams correctly.

My iPhone X (with the same app version) works fine with the video.  Does anyone else who has a new IPad experiencing this issue?

Kevdholm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. The app updated to the newest version on my iPad 12.9 and now viewing the Live stream does not work, only sound.
Dullboy
Guide
Guide

Just wanted to let you all know you can’t even ‘log in’ with newest  iPad Pro 12.9 inch.  So this problem just got a lot worse for me.

Rwcook9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo does not work on my iPad Pro 3rd Generation. Pro 2 Camera night vision sucks too. Wish I had never bought this horrible system.

jggann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whatever happened to the Arlo employee who was monitoring this thread?   I think his screenname is ShayneS.  On Nivember 2 he advised Arlo tech support was finally looking into this problem (which has been reported since at least mid October) and an update would be given when new information was available.   

Dullboy
Guide
Guide

Hello...(Arlo)

‘is there anybody in there..

just nod if you can hear me..

is there anyone at home?’

JaneM
Star
Star

The silence is deafening. 

Mine still are working properly, even if I start in portrait. 

Niclas_Melander
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have

model ML0F2KN/A

A1584

This behaviour occurs in both landscape and portrait mode.

Regards Niclas