Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My IPad App Is Not Refreshing Video

mksmith
Star
Star

Every since the iPad app has been updated the it will not display live video. You hear the audio but video just displays a screen shot.

207 REPLIES 207
Oddu
Initiate
Initiate

Hello.

afther uppgrading to new version on the my Ipad pro 12,9 nothing works!

Thers no live stream, and on the Ipad pro 12,9 i cant access cameras. On my old Ipad 2 it works with some issus, problems to connect the cameras! 

It seems this uppgrade has problems , please revert unntil you have fixed this!

Ian11
Star
Star

After the most recent update my cameras live stream on my computer and iphone but not on my ipad pro.  Anyone help?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

App ver 2.6.0 It’s day 2 and live view is still not working. 

JaneM
Star
Star

—I used to be able to see all 5 cameras at once. Now, each camera has a huge view. 

—Live view still does not work

Strongly dislike this update.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@JaneM wrote:

—I used to be able to see all 5 cameras at once. Now, each camera has a huge view. 

—Live view still does not work

Strongly dislike this update.

How is your video quality from your library? Is it less sharp than before? My Pro 2 videos look like my Pro videos. Definitely not 1080p. 

JaneM
Star
Star

Yes, video quality is not sharp at all. It looks like someone smeared grease on the camera. Sound quality is fine.

‘Strongly dislike this update.

kahnnico
Star
Star

Hello

Since recent update of the Arlo App to V 2.6.0 Live stream is not working any more on iPad pro ( iOS 12.01) (working fine since 2 years now!) but works fine on iPhone X (iOS 12.01). This is the case for my 5 Arlo Q plus Cams.

Lates firmware on all cams, reinstalled the App several times no result.

Live stream on browser is fine.

Has anyone an idea ?

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

I too am having issues. My system would shut down, couldn't get live streaming on my Android phone. Now, on my phone, I see an option below the video screen for "Hub and Bridge Settings" and my only options are "Cancel" and "Restart". I no longer see my battery life indicator when viewing video, and there is significant lag instead of real time capture. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

It’s day 3 and I still have no live video. 

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

In the last few days I can not get live cameras on my iPad, works on iPhone and pc fine. I have removed and re installed the app and rebooted the Arlo hub.

Any ideas?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes same here there’s no live video on my ipad pro (ios 12). I only get live audio. 

So you’re saying you get live video on app ver 2.6.0 on your iphone and not iPad?

Did you notice the video in your library is lower resolution?

Kluds
Initiate
Initiate

Live view won’t work on my iPad - it works fine on my iPhone.   I have two cameras, one is plugged in, the other is on battery power - both have the same problem.  I get live video in the Camera Positioning function but when I go to live view, I just get a static image.  If I press the record icon and then view the video, it shows motion.  So, the camera is working fine but the UI on the iPad won’t display the live feed.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app (and restarted my iPad) several times - no change.  All settings match the settings on my iPhone.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star
Yes my problem is with IPad Pro as well, I think it is ok on my iPad though will need to check, all up to date with latest versions.
And yes resolution on IPad Pro if I go into set up to check camera is very poor ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mksmith,

Have you tried to reboot your base station and uninstall/re-install the Arlo Mobile App? Does your live video display on the web portal?

mksmith
Star
Star

I have rebooted the base but there was no change.  The live video does not display but you hear audio.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled app still does not work.  Works in IE on windows system.  Works correctly on iPhone.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

So it’s not just me. I have my video set to record Best Video. Paid for Arlo Pro 2 and getting Arlo Pro video quality. 

mksmith
Star
Star

The iPad I am using is the iPad Pro 2.  The app does not work in live mode.  I tried it on the smaller iPad and it worked. So it is only on the larger iPad the app does not work in live mode.

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Live view has quit working on iPad Pro with the new Arlo app.  When you choose live view, the ".Live" indicator comes on but only a still picture of the last image taken shows on the screen. Playback of recordings works and if you take a live video or picture that works also.  Live view works fine on iPhone Xs Max and on PC browser.

ERICKSEN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also unable to view live streaming on iPad.  I have also uninstalled app, etc.  any more suggestions 

Timbercrete
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here. 

Timbercrete
Tutor
Tutor

Same here.  iPad Pro no workie 

AnaTA
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem just started happening a few days ago prior to this it use to always work.  Problem happened when I got a major upgraded Arlo looking app lots of UI changes. Oddly it still works on my iPhone with same new app I look but not so well on my iPad.  

4 days ago I got a new version of Arlo on my Apple iPad 2 Pro.  Now I do not get live video anymore I get only live sounds and frozen video.  I get like 1 frame then the video freezes but I can hear sounds.  Also when trying to watch video the quick buttons like take snapshot image will not let you click on them either.  Works fine on iPhone X Arlo app and appleTV 4K but does not work on my iPad 2 pro 12 inch.   Frustrating this was my favorite device to use to check cameras.  Library continues to get videos just fine in new app when event is recorded.  

Reinstalled arlo app 5 times in 4 hours trying to get it working.  

‘All my cameras have issue in new iPad Arlo app

Arlo app v 2.6.0

October 16, 2018 release date 

Arlo Q Wi-Fi cameras - Hardware 6 (3 units installed) check says latest firmware installed.  1.8.3.2_21995

IPad Specs

ios 12.0.1

Apple ipad 12 inch pro 2

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Going on day 4 still no live video.

Upr11s
Guide
Guide

Exactly same issue here, tried telephone support & live chat with no help.

“engineers are working on the problem” is the stock answer.

really helps with your personal security....😡