Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My IPad App Is Not Refreshing Video

mksmith
Star
Star

Every since the iPad app has been updated the it will not display live video. You hear the audio but video just displays a screen shot.

207 REPLIES 207
kahnnico
Star
Star

Yes for me exact the same...In my office I have 5 Arlo Plus Cams working fine for 2 ears now (also on V 2.5.5). Now as I updatted to 2.6.0 the Live Streaming freezes immediately without an error message but just on my iPads Pro , on iPhones X working fine...I contacted the support service from Arlo 3 days ago but no answer till now.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star
Mine works fine on IPad just issue with IPad Pro
AnaTA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update I decided to try out my iPad Pro 1 the 9 inch and the arlo app works fine.  I patched up all the iOS and arlo app to the latest.  

went back to try out the test on the iPad Pro 2 the 12 inch version and freeze video issues exist.  

this problem looks like it may be related to the iPad 2 Pro running iOS 12.   I know the 12 inch has the issue but I can’t find a 9 inch iPad 2 Pro to test.  

Odd my iPad Pro 1 the 9 inch version works fine.  

Z0mbie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not working on my iPad since last camera update. 

Exact same problem.

i have a total of 23 Arlo pro2 ....

My problem few days ago prior this new app always work.  

Now I do not get live video anymore only live sounds and frozen video. Also when trying to watch video the quick buttons like take snapshot image will not let you click on them either.  Works on iPhone X Arlo app and appleTV 4K but,does not work on my iPad 2 pro 12 inch.    Library does continues to get recorded videos.  

Reinstalled arlo app still not workin

Now what?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ian11,

What devices and OS are you having the issue with?

Ian11
Star
Star

Ipad pro is the only device I am having issues with - iphone and pc work ok.  Running iOS12.0.1.  Rebooted everything and reloaded app which didn't resolve it.

JaneM
Star
Star

Using either the ipad or iPhone, live view does not work. Cameras, views, etc. worked perfectly before this update.  I will no longer recommend this product for purchase. This update is awful. Just awful. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

BL608
Tutor
Tutor

Still no live video stream on Apple Pro ipad! What is the problem?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Luckily i still have the previous version on my iphone. Still not working on my ipad though. Definitely not going to recommend Arlo to anyone. If I hadn’t invested so much money on these toys I’d probably go for Nest (owned by Google) or Ring (owned by Amazon).

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Updated to Arlo iOS app ver 2.6.1 and still no live video on my iPad Pro 12.9” iOS 12. I only have live audio.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I checked mine just now.  The first time I pressed the Live button, the Live indicator appeared at the top of the screen, but the image remained the same as the last image from yesterday...an Xfinity truck exiting my driveway.  I had my audio turned off, so I didn’t check that at the same time.  I stopped the Live view and restarted it.  This time, the image changed.  I checked my other cameras and all of the cameras I checked subsequently, resulted in the image changing after I pressed the Live bottom the first time.  One of my cameras camera faces a lake and I could see the ripples on the water moving, so I know it was a live image of some sort.  I have not done a latency test to see just how “live” the video feed is.  I had some good results yesterday on 2.6.0 after the base station update (I beleive).r

If you haven’t done so, you might try forcing the app to quit and restart.

kahnnico
Star
Star

Many thanks ...so we have to wait for a new update of the app in order to live stream without image freeze on iPad Pro (12")...

MrSpoons
Star
Star

Yep, mine is screwed on the iPad as well.  Get sound but a static picture on all cameras.  Force quit doesn’t work in my case.  I guess Netgear get Stevie Wonder to test their releases.

Mesprague
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here i have no live video on my Iphone unless I turn off WiFi it seems to work somewhat on LTE . I also have a problem with no full screen on the safari browser on my MacBook but it works fine on Chrome & Firefox I'm starting to think this is a problem with IOS 12 and Apple since they don't use Flash

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Forcing app to quit doesn’t work. Logging out and logging in doesn’t work. Deleted app and downloaded app doesn’t work. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Wow someone from Netgear actually acknowledged they’re looking into it. 

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

I run two ipad pros.   On one of them I upgraded to the latest version of the Arlo App.  (I upgraded from version 2.5.5 to version 2.6.1.    As can be seen in many posts over the last few days, the new version is a disaster.

I would like to flag the most important problem.  With the new veraion of the App, live view simply does not work.   Ylou get a still image and that's all.

The old version of the App (version 2.5.5) continues to work just fine on my second iPad.

Come on Netgear!  We expect better than this from you.  Please test your software on users before releasing it!

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the same problem as you. Make sure you review them on itunes. Your post will probably get moved. My post got moved to Arlo for some strange reason and I have Arlo Pro 2. Folks at Netgear have  nothing better to do i guess. 

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I agree this is a total disaster, but I also wonder if it makes a difference to the TYPE of ipad and the ios that it's running? Because on my ipad pro (ios 12.0.1) I actually DO have live video. One of the few things that acutally does work for me. 

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary
I am running iOS 12.1 on my iPad. However I just discovered that live streaming works on my iPhone. But not the iPad.
Sussexdude1
Star
Star

same here did the update first thing today, still no live video although the playback qaulity has now improved so half way there i guess.....

ArloProUserHere
Star
Star

Running iOS 12.0.1 on iPad Pro (larger-older version) and my live video is dead.  Sound works, but there is a static old picture.  Really a disappointment. 

Kurt12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone help me fix this problem can’t get live feed from ipad but iPhone is ok 

avidx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem, but works ok on android phone, I’ve tried rebooting the base ......no change, so I guess it must be a specific iPad issue.