Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
azvtx0
Initiate
Initiate

As of 4:00 p.m. on 8 July 2018, my system stopped recording detected motion.  I've rebooted/restarted the base station.  I confirmed through the home screen that the base station and all cameras are armed.  I'm able to see live views through the cameras but can't see any recorded activity.  The system worked fine until 4:00 p.m. on the 8th.  I didn't change anything with my home internet system, etc., then, so I can't think of why it stopped working.  Apologies for what seems like a duplicative post but the system wouldn't let me add to an existing thread from two years ago.  Thank you. 

86 REPLIES 86
JuliaK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, started yesterday 10.12.18, mid afternoon. Receiving notifications of motion and is actually capturing/changing the still image for each camera when the motion happens, but my recordings are not showing in the library. Re-started base station, not updates for it are showing. 

GeorgeMadeira
Aspirant
Aspirant

GeorgeMadeira
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same with my system that has worked, flawlessly up till now. With all the above complaints I am astounded that NetGear has been silent.
They had better get it together or my cameras will go in the trash and be replaced by Ring.
rmorrison
Guide
Guide
Return nothing, I would demand a refund.
dnnelson95
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are also having problems with intermittent recording. Sometime between 10pm and 1:30am on 10.18.18 my friend was able to come pick up his car from my driveway (camera 1) and drop something in my mailbox at the front door (camera 2). None of this was recorded!!! Kinda the whole point of having this system, ya know, to see if someone is breaking into my car or front door!! I just went out there now to retrive the item in the mailbox and the system recoded. fine. It recorded me fine earlier at 9:30pm on camera 1. My sensitivity is set low, so even motion from the squirrels, bunnies etc sets it off. I have a recording at 9pm on camera 2 of the neighborhood cat walking by my the front door.
Arlo, what is going on?!?!?
jbenedetti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Arlo!  How about some answers!!

zturn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have experienced the same thing during the past 3 months. I usually received about 100 notifications a week, only 4 or 5 of them had recordings shown in the video library. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

slonaker
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue. Ever since I “upgraded” to the Smart option, my motion detection will work fine, sends me notifications, but does NOT record video when it detects a person. For all other things it will record the usual 10-second clip to the Library. This is very frustrating as I’ve gone through every conceivable option in the settings. I’m about ready to go back to the “free” service. I’d rather get recordings of the dog than no recordings at all.
GeorgeMadeira
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just canceled my plan and reverted to free. Have also deactivated 6 cameras and replaced them with Ring Spotlight Cameras. Might as well not pay anything wham the cameras are useless.
zturn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have the SmartThing connected, it might be the cause. I am going to reset everything and associate the cameras to a diffferent Arlo account. If it does. not solve the problem, I will have to throw them away..
AZRod
Initiate
Initiate

After my phone app updated a couple days ago. Nothing is recording.

Angelito
Aspirant
Aspirant

i Receive motion notification but not recorded videos., I have tried everything. I hope there is some software update or the brand resolves the problem as soon as possible.

Dsimons24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some video never make it to library,,we get the notice, we were quick saw the person,, that video never made it to library, others after that did, so where is missing video?

SolarDude
Star
Star

I have also seen a few videos not show up in the library after getting an alert.

If I leave the app alone while the video is recording and do not try to view the library until the new video counter updates it seems to always work. Wish it showed up in. The library regardless of what I did

buddhah_au
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi All. As of today my system stopped recording however I am still getting the notifications. Can some one please advise if this issue is being addressed.
Thanks
buddhah_au
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All. My system has started to do this today. This is very frustrating when you need to see the videos.

GeorgeMadeira
Aspirant
Aspirant
At this point I am astounded that there still has been no response from Arlo. I have no choice but to give up. So far I have replaced 7 Arlo cameras with just 3 Ring Spotlight Cams. Pricy, sure. But what good are Arlo Cameras that don’t work. And by the way., the video quality blows Arlo out of the water and the response time from notification to video is a fraction. Just now waiting till next month when Ring Stick Up Cameras start to ship. Will replace my last 4 outdoor cameras. Sorry Arlo. I DID like you. And good enough to recommend you to family members. And it’s not just that your cameras stopped working, it’s that you don’t care.
Hansyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

This issue is still happening! Arlo is recording only sometimes. I found out yesterday when there was a man in front of my door. Luckily, I have a Ring doorbell, and it picked it up but my Arlo didn't even show motion!

DaveMarkB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just an update on my system: After problems with no recordings or notifications and the base station going off line I removed the base station and reconnected the cameras. For the past week the system has worked fine. We have been at home all week so we are confident that all activity has been recorded. Hopefully this will continue and i hope a positive update wil not jinx the system!
zturn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine started working fine a few days ago, I can see video clips recorded again. Here is what I have done, not sure which one did the trick. Hopefully this can help someboday.

• Reset arlo hub, reconnected the cameras to the hub again (no video, only notifications).
  • Increased the camera Motion Sensitivity to the maxium (no video,only notifications).
  • Added my arlo accunt to the SmartThings account (no video,only notifications).
  • Removed my arlo account from the SmartThings (received both video and notifications).
Jbertrand
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any one having this problem again today? I am getting notifications but no recordings in the library.
josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, problem just started. Plenty of notifications, but no recordings.
expsholtes11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting notifications of activations of cameras, no recordings being found in the app or the desktop version. I've rebooted via software and hard reboot with no success.

AtchRho
Guide
Guide

We are still having the same issue...

has as been going on for days now...

Arlo,

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE

Thank You

CatLadyDNA
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue - Recordings stop on October 30th. Cameras are powered up and same configuration as always - recordings spontaneously stopped working.