Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kian
Aspirant
Aspirant

So my HOA doesn't allow us to drill into our condos stucco walls. They said we can use adhesive only.

So I was thinking of buying some construction adhesive like this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gorilla-White-Interior-Exterior-Multi-purpose-Construction-Adhesive-Actual-...

And glueing the Arlo Outdoor Mount to the Stucco Wall and then placing the Arlo Pro on the mount. 

Do you guys think this will work? And bonus question: when I want to take the adhesive off, will it come off easily or will it damage the stucco? Can I carefully scrape the adhesive off? I don't really care what happens to the mount at that point since its only $20. 

Thanks for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is there a soffit to mount to?

kian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, it's all stucco.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Honestly, don't think you'll get it off after install with construction adhesives.

If you can find a FLAT area or smooth, some of the 3m adhesive ( mc hammerstuuff that comes off later ) for hooks has worked well for some.

Or some form of trim which isn't stucco to mount to then you may get it off.

OR maybe mount a small square piece of wood and attach the mount to that so the mount can be removed later

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I not use like a scraper and a hammer to go under the mount and hammer and chissel away the adhesive(if I ever have to remove it)? Or are you saying it just wont come off at all? I thought about it and if the adhesive comes off with a scraper, but leaves spots of stucco that are gone then I can just get one of those foam stucco filler spray things and then also match the paint at Ace or somewhere and repaint it. 

Think I'm ok going this route? I just want to be sure the construction adhesive will be strong enough for the 2 lb total of mount and arlo pro camera.