Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion on one camera triggering recording to another camera

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MikeyLV
Star
Star

I thought that I had these rules set up so that when any one of my three cameras catches motion, it will trigger the other cameras to record as well. The reason is due to the delay between motion and recording, so it lets me start recording once the first camera senses motion (personally, Doppler would work so much better than IR for sensing motion).

But, as you can see, my cameras are not recording the way they should (basically, they should each have the saem number of clips).

I have attached screen grabs of the camera page as well as two rules pages, if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Composite.jpg

Rules.jpgDriveway to Door.jpgDoor.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeyLV
Star
Star

Sometimes, it's the simplest of answers. The motion on one camera triggering another to record was not turned on in Modes --> All motion on. Now it all works as programmed.

Note that after adding a rule, you MUST make sure it is turned on in the mode you are using. Thanks, everyone, for all your help.

modes.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the cameras are ordered correctly in the rules...  I found it seems to make a diff.

cam 1 - record 1

cam 1 - record 2

cam 1 - record 3

cam 2 - record 2

etc

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MikeyLV
Star
Star

Makes sense. I'll give it a try. I assume I use the order listed in Camera Settings.

MikeyLV
Star
Star

That didn't work, as the system changed my order. In red is the order I entered the rules in.

1.jpg2.jpg

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

looks alphabetize.. my are same name / numbered. ( IR cam 1 -1/1, IR cam 1-1/2, IR cam 2- 2/2, etc )

As long as primary camera is first , 1 records on 1...

The important part , does it work tho?

MikeyLV
Star
Star

We'll see. The numbers, with and without a hyphen didn't matter. I had to fake the naming of #5 by putting a z before "Door".

We'll see if that works, but I can say that last night, only my door recorded (with the old order). That's another problem as it has the most limited view of the driveway, but the other cameras that capture the driveway didn't even trigger with all at 100% sensitivity...and they used to (see pics).1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

MikeyLV
Star
Star

Sometimes, it's the simplest of answers. The motion on one camera triggering another to record was not turned on in Modes --> All motion on. Now it all works as programmed.

Note that after adding a rule, you MUST make sure it is turned on in the mode you are using. Thanks, everyone, for all your help.

modes.jpg

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear it was a simple solution

shack01
Guide
Guide

Another case where an on-line tutorial or instruction manual would have helped.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You do know that the manual is available here, right?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/arlo/arlo_um_en.pdf

shack01
Guide
Guide

Ah Ha !  I didn't, but thanks for the link !