Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Suddently Stop Recording - SOLUTION FOUND

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
I had a situation today where motion detection was working fine, streaming video worked great but none of my cameras would record. I tried several tests and nothing would every record. I reset the base station twice and the cameras still would not record. I went to a camera, streamed it and pressed record, then I finally got a message that read "your storage is full." Aside from this, I got ZERO information about why the whole system stopped recording. I was able to delete some Favorited videos and everything started working again. Hope this helps anyone troubleshooting the same issue. I wasted about an hour trying to solve this. Try to record a video manually and it might tell you what's wrong. Otherwise, the desktop app or mobile app will not give you any hints.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lumpyheatpad,

If you have e-mail notifications active, by default, a notification e-mail is sent when your storage reaches 80% full. I am glad to hear you were able to find a resolution. If you have any additional questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask the community!

JamesC

lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
Thanks JamesC! I had the 80% storage email option turned on and never got the e-mail. I went back and looked and couldn't find it. I think it's a nice feature to have that e-mail notification but it might be useful for customers if the Web or Mobile app would actually display 80% at the top or something like that.