Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Humpster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thanks to the good people who helped me with my scheduling question, i have now cracked that part, but am still confused, what i want to to is have my 2 soon to be  3 cameras come on at 10pm local time with 95% motion detection and record for 15 secons if motion is detected and send a push notification.  I dont think i ma getting the difference between modes, rules schdules etc

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you already have things set. If not, edit your Armed mode and make any settings changes, including sensitivity and recording time. Be sure to save at every opportunity. Use the schedule to ste the Armed mode from 10PM to 11:59PM and again from 12AM to 8AM.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Create a mode because you want a set of rules for a particular situation, such as only 2 out of 3 cameras operating or for push notifications at a specific time period. Rules are for each camera and reside in a mode. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. The schedule simply allows you to automate switching of those modes.

You may have several different modes with unique settings to put into the schedule.  Have you read up on the FAQs here about these topics?

Humpster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi yes have read the FAQ i now have my schedule set up and have set up the  armed mode to my desired settings for motion detection seeting and video recording so will my cameras now come on at the schedule recording time with the  armed mode settings.

Humpster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi yes have read the FAQ i now have my schedule set up and have set up the  armed mode to my desired settings for motion detection seeting and video recording so will my cameras now come on at the schedule recording time with the  armed mode settings.for recording time and motion detection

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Humpster wrote:

Hi yes have read the FAQ i now have my schedule set up and have set up the  armed mode to my desired settings for motion detection seeting and video recording so will my cameras now come on at the schedule recording time with the  armed mode settings.for recording time and motion detection

I'm not sure if that was a question or a statement.

Assuming it's a question, as long as the schedule is selected to run instead of a mode, it will automatically run your modes at the times you set. However, I'd strongly suggest creating your own custom modes for full control over how you want things to run, including not having all cameras operate at once or turning notifications on or off. The Armed mode is really just to get you started as well as for troubleshooting.

Humpster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry yes was a question, still confused though ideally what i want is for  all my cameras (which are all outside) to come on at 10pm and go off at 8am, be set to  90%  motion detection and record for 30 seconds) the schedule would run  7 days a week.

Thanks for the help so far.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you already have things set. If not, edit your Armed mode and make any settings changes, including sensitivity and recording time. Be sure to save at every opportunity. Use the schedule to ste the Armed mode from 10PM to 11:59PM and again from 12AM to 8AM.

Humpster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your help and patience, functioning as desired now.