Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Can’t connect to the internet

Discussion stats
lhenski
Tutor
Tutor
Can someone please help! I did everything from factory reset to holding down the reset button and sync at the same time. None of them work! I’m getting frustrated and I’m really close to returning it!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

@coyotealarm@lhenski@Minhtran69@HPZ@hisamurai,

We believe the issue(s) you experienced may be related to a larger issue that should now be resolved. For more information please visit Some Arlo Base Station reporting as "Offline". We will continue to provide updates to that discussion as they become available. Please feel free to send me a private message if you need further assistance and we can continue troubleshooting with the assistance of our support team.

Best Regards,

Arlo Community Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
DuaneBerta
Guide
Guide
I am having the same issue. I also did trouble shooting steps, even called my ISP and they confirmed it's not on their end. 😞
Earlier today neither myself or my husband not sign into the account.
Tarelli
Initiate
Initiate

Netgear had some sort of authentication problem earlier today and no one could even log in. Now you can log in but the base station doesn’t see the internet. This appears to be Netgears problem and they’d better fix it soon. 

Jstover
Guide
Guide
We are in the same boat. Had them for 6 months no issue, then outta the blue at 4pm, no service and cant connect. Reset several times. Getting frustrated
Dee2905
Tutor
Tutor

Same here.  I've had mine for nearly 12 months with no problems - it even alerted me to someone trying to break into my house.  I have come to rely on the security it gives me so hope this is sorted soon.

Sk42
Initiate
Initiate
We are having the same problem just bought it today. Maybe they sold too many on Black Friday crashed the system
Craigman
Initiate
Initiate

I am still having the same issue.  Has anyone got it fixed yet?

rj2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

base want connect to internet. please help

Inferno2178
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue here. So no they have not got it fixed yet! Frustrating!
Jstover
Guide
Guide
Been on hold for 45 min. Getting upset
Erotemata
Tutor
Tutor

I'm still disconnected from Arlo at 3am. I've tried resetting, but still have an orange light in the middle of the router. Anyone found a solution?

rj2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

been working on mine for the last 4 hrs.

lhenski
Tutor
Tutor
Which number did you call? I tried si many numbers to call but I failed.
rj2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

can any of the techs at netgear help

Jstover
Guide
Guide
The 408 number. California.
Jstover
Guide
Guide
Still on hold. Ugh
DuaneBerta
Guide
Guide

I lost about 3 hours myself. I am glad we have this forum to ease each other off the ledge, lol. I guess it's time to wait for Netgear to fix the glitch. My neighbor bought the system a few months after we did, since it helped us prevent burlaries at our home. At least I let her know not to waste her time.

lhenski
Tutor
Tutor
I tried that number earlier but it won’t let me connect
manfredz
Hero
Hero

no need to call

they had server issues today.   Some servers back up, so some users ok; others are still being worked on

lhenski
Tutor
Tutor
It just really frustrating. Netgear should compensate us for wasting our time!
Jstover
Guide
Guide
I agree. Just got connected, to someone who barly speaks english, (no offence to anyone) and all she said is sorry try back in a few hours or tomorrow
hisamurai
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got off a chat session and was told - "It has come to our attention that there is a reported issue with the system. We are looking into the cause of this issue and will keep you informed of any update from our Engineering team."  No ETA

Minhtran69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base Can’t connect to the internet 

HPZ
Initiate
Initiate

I just picked mine up today from Best Buy and having same problem. Been tryin for hours as well. I can't imagine all the returns Arlo will be getting. They should post someting so new users know. Epic FAIL for ARLO!

Minhtran69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just picked mine up today from Best Buy and having same problem.  return