Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire Free does not transmit, does not show battery status, does not show offline.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ezmoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 4 of my 8 cameras have effectively been disabled while appearing to still be functional. I just noticed this.

My devices page shows the s/n of the camera and the last live shot but does not show battery life or signal strength, won't record motion and will not go live, even in firefox.

One camera went offline a few weeks ago so I recharged the batteries and reinstalled but it has gone offline again too. It shows to be offline.

This is kind of an unnerving situation because had I not been active on the property today and noticed there was no recording going on I would have thought everything was fine.

It's going to be a pita to keep taking these cameras down and putting them back up again and I'm not sure I want to do that until I get an idea what's going on. the system has worked pretty well since the spring and I have changed/charged batteries as necessary.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try swapping the 4 cameras that aren't working into the positions of the 4 that are working.

Try moving your base station a few feet further away from your wifi router

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also power cycle the base.