Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Can’t connect to the internet

Discussion stats
lhenski
Tutor
Tutor
Can someone please help! I did everything from factory reset to holding down the reset button and sync at the same time. None of them work! I’m getting frustrated and I’m really close to returning it!!
31 REPLIES 31
coyotealarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still no connection.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

@coyotealarm@lhenski@Minhtran69@HPZ@hisamurai,

We believe the issue(s) you experienced may be related to a larger issue that should now be resolved. For more information please visit Some Arlo Base Station reporting as "Offline". We will continue to provide updates to that discussion as they become available. Please feel free to send me a private message if you need further assistance and we can continue troubleshooting with the assistance of our support team.

Best Regards,

Arlo Community Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
1949denny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cshock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I rent a Comcast router/modem, and have spent HOURS on the phone with Comcast and Netgear trying to get this resolved.  My base station consistently goes off and online at least 30 plus times an hour.  All the ports are open.  Firewall has been lowered. This is the second unit I've tried and this will probably be returned again.  It has got to be some kind of setting somewhere that is wrong.  At this point, I've probably put in 20 hours trying to figure it out.  So much for the easy setup.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's unfortunate that you have a modem/router. I was going to suggest plugging the base directly into the modem, bypassing the router but that won't work here.  I'd try 2 things:

1) take the system to another location and try there. It's worked before and may be useful here.

2) Try a factory reset on the modem/router.

When the base goes offline, what are the LEDs on the base showing?

Cshock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  I'm not sure where else to move it to or how for that matter.  As for the lights, the center one is usually yellow.  It will be green occasionally or flickering green. I was just thinking could it be something that McAfee is blocking?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I was talking about moving the system to another house for testing.  That would help nail down whether it's something with your network.

McAfee isn't any issue with the base's connection to the Internet unless it's running on your router. The idea that the Internet LED is changing between amber and green is the issue - it's somehow losing connect to the servers. Whether that's an issue with your router/modem/ISP or the base  is what needs to be determined. I would take the base and a camera to someone else's house for testing.  If it still happens, it's likely the base. Otherwise it's something to do with your network and/or connection though the ISP.