Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing and delayed recordings, delayed push notifications, buffering, pink video

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rclymer
Follower
Follower

I am disgusted by the utter uselessness of these cameras. I can't find one redeeming quality. They literally accomplish nothing that a camera system should accomplish.

1) They almost never record motion. A package was delivered today and it completely missed everything. Not the vehicle pulling in, not the package being left, not the vehicle pulling out. All of this happpned right in front of the camera set to 90% sensitivity and it missed it all.

2) If it ever actually does record video, there is such bad lag that nothing is in the recording by the time it starts.

3) The push notification can take minutes to come through. Sometimes I am already outside the neighborhood when I get a the notification from when I got in the car. 

4) When trying to bring up a video feed, it will buffer seemingly forever. Sometimes the app has to be restarted because the feed will simply never start. I have 1000 mb/s fiber optic internet with the cameras very close to the base station and I can count on it taking a minute or more to get the feed up. How fast of internet should a person be expected to have?

5) One camera's IR filter is stuck, now all daylight recordings are bright pink.

On top off all these inexcusable negatives, you are peddling these at an insane price that would only be justified by flawless functionality. Instead, ther are flawed in every way. Netgear, you should be collectively hanging your heads in shame for the garbage product you created. I don't even want to sell them on ebay, it feels too unethical pawning these off on some poor sap who doesn't know the frustration they're in for. I can't wait to get rid of them for a system that works.

3 Arlo Wie-Free Cameras, Version 2.4.9, Andriod OS

4 REPLIES 4
Stickma32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for posting, I was ready to launch into a detailed description of all the problems with my Arlo system. The only solution is to ditch the system.

I have ten cameras, two base stations, only 8 of the cameras 'video-record' as advertised.

In the past week, the motion sensitivity has radically changed for 6 of the cameras. Motion will ONLY be detected if you wave your hand within 2 feet of the camera.

The support help from the Pacific Islands is horrendous, no help from them on any issues, whether it is the 'pink' screen problem or the 'connection' problems that seem to have escalated in the past few months. I actually feel for the support team, the product is broken.

I've owned 6 of the cameras for about two years, and the others for about one year.

Stickma32
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a side note, I purchased three Amazon Cloud cameras last week, they were 50% off, $60 each.

The Amazon cameras are NOT wireless,they are designed for indoors,and there are other constraints for my particular need, but they video record motion 100% of the time. And the audio is fairly decent.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rclymer,

I apologize for the poor experience. The first 4 bullets in your post sound like there could be an issue with the positioning or the camera signal strength. Even if the camera is close to the base station, there could wireless interference causing an issue between the camera and the base. You might try elevating your base station to improve the signal. This may help with much of what you are experiencing.

If you're experiencing pink tint on your recordings, try removing and reinserting the batteries, if you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate.

It also appears you're using an old version of the Arlo android mobile app, which could also be causing issues. The current version, 2.5.2, is available in the app market, I encourage you to visit the app store and download the latest version.

JamesC

Anthonyb512
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im missing the first 3 seconds of my recordings. by the time the recordings start the object is already gone. this started about two months ago end of July. I downloaded the video to my phone from the cloud thinking this was a server issue but I got the same result. When I play the downloaded recording there is a white screen for 2 seconds then the video starts to play which leaves me to believe this is not a server or cloud issue. This is an issue on the latest update to the base. Anyone else have a solution?