Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Microphone & Speaker

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fireball2684
Star
Star

Hi there, this has been a ongoing issue. Everytime I speak in the camera the video starts to lag & then stops buffering. I can never hear the replies. I need to close the app & then reload. Using the microphone is completly useless now. Can you please fix this issue. Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Fireball2784,

What Arlo camera do you have that is having this problem? What phone device are you using to try using the microphone? Try to reinstall the app and test with WiFi and cellular data.

Vmundie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have checked the wi-fi and my data on my phone.  All is working correctly.  When usisng the micorphone there is a lag and is useless the person has left and cannot hear their responses.  The lag is a least a minute to a  minute and a half.  Is there a fix for the issue?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Vmundie,

Is this happening on both the Arlo app client and web client? What phone device are you using? Make sure to download to the latest version, which is 2.7.1, to see if that resolves the issue.

Fireball2684
Star
Star

Hi Jessica, I have 5 Arlo Pro 2 camera's & they all do it. I am using the Google Pixel 2XL. I've tried reinstall the app & it still does it. I have tested with wifi & cellular, both have the same issue.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Fireball2684,

Is this also happening when you try using the microphone and speaker through the web client on your computer?

Fireball2684
Star
Star

Hi Jessica, I use the web client only for live view. The microphone on the web client doesn't work. I also personally wouldn't have any use for the microphone on the computer. Also, everytime I go to www.arlo.com to view my camera's there's always the flash issue. Chrome forget's flash after it is closed. Many other browser's also has the flash issues. I wish arlo would develop a software just like the web client so we can have everything working well. Don't get me wrong, I still love Arlo devices lol

A few more tweaks to Arlo & it would be so amazing.

Please view attach picture for what I'm talking about. Pictures are combined together as I was only able to load up 1 picture. Thank you for your time.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing those screenshots. Try to click on "Site Settings" and change the settings to "Allow" for Flash and Microphone. And what Google Chrome version are you using? Make sure you are running the latest version, which is version 71.0.3578.98.

For your Google Pixel 2 XL, could you try to log out from the app, uninstall the app, reboot your phone, reinstall the app, and re-login again? If that still causes issue, try to see if you can clear the cache on your Arlo app and see if that helps too.

Fireball2684
Star
Star

Yes the site settings are all changed to "Allow". You can also see from the picture I attached. I am using the most up to date Chrome: 71.0.3578.98. This is always going to be a issue as all browser's don't support flash anymore. As I mentioned, flash always resets to block flash when you close chrome or other browser's.

For the app on the Pixel phone, I've already tried & tried again to do everything you mentioned. Nothing makes a difference. Once you activate & speak, the video starts to lag & pretty much stops & you no longer can speak. It becomes super delayed & then the microphone doesn't work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me create a case for you so our support team can try assisting you further since you're still experiencing problems. I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.