Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view on iPad not working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rjcarlson72
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to use live view from any of my 5 cameras using my iPad, I see that the app connects to the camera, but there is no live video feed.  I can hit the record button and record a video, but I can’t see what I’m recording until I stop recording and the footage is loaded to my Library.  When I use my iPhone 7plus the app works fine.  This has been an issue since the last update.

Both my iPad and the Arlo app are running the most current versions.

4 REPLIES 4
Jolund
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem for me. Can’t see any live stream in the app on my iPhone XS or new IPad Pro. However if I manually record then I see a very good recording once it is in the Library.

Pls fix because very annoying 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @rjcarlson72,

What iPad are you using?

+ @Jolund,

Are you experiencing this issue after force-closing the app and trying it on portrait mode? If you're experiencing issue with that, try to force-close the app and try it on landscape mode. 

rjcarlson72
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m useing the large iPad Pro that’s about a year old.

I normally use it in landscape mode.  I force-closed the app and tryed it in portrait mode and it worked fine!  I tried force-closing the app and then tryed it again in landscape mode and it didn’t work.  I’m not sure what that means, but it use to work both ways.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our engineering team is aware where some users are unable to view the live view on landscape mode on the iPad Pro 12.9-inch and is investigating the issue. Once we hear more information, we will make sure to update the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding.