Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Limit of amount of friends allowed on 1 Arlo account?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
frozen220
Initiate
Initiate

Does anyone know how many friends you can add to one account?  We are trying to buy a 15 camera system and Elite plan and want everyone in our neighborhood who wants access to have access, and I need to know the limit.  Or is it unlimited? 

Related but just as important:   When you add friends, does the system support more than 1 login simultaneously?  How many users can be connected at once?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
DanDeLave
Aspirant
Aspirant

This could have been my post.   As I was looking for similar answers before I posted, I ran acrossed this post and decided to keep it together and convenient.  Also if we have more than one base station are they all part of the same system?  Could each house or some number of houses be connected to the same account?  We are looking for a  kind of "neighborhood watch" thing.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I know one of the Netgear staff online was going to check on the max # of friends in another thread ( think it was JamesC ?? )

But one problem I think can arrise if you have a large number of friends... Battery life.

It doesn't matter who logs in, viewing is viewing and batteries have a finite life... if a large number of friends go live viewing then the batteries will have a short life.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
turbosix
Apprentice
Apprentice

was the friend limit ever addressed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

turbosix,

There is no limit to the number of friends that can be added via Grant Access.

JamesC