Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

I never noticed this before the video timelength issues of the past month or so.  But since that has been addressed frequently I have recordings where I can only watch the first 10-30 seconds before the sound stops then a few seconds later or imeadiately the video stops but the time keeps counting up to the total amount.  This is with Arlo Q Plus POE cameras set for 2 minute recording length.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terk,

Can you post an example clip of what you're experiencing? Do you experience this across all clients (web, mobile app, etc.)?

JamesC

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

Terk,

Can you post an example clip of what you're experiencing? Do you experience this across all clients (web, mobile app, etc.)?

JamesC

I was going to post an example from my Q Plus, when I watch a few videos from yesterday on any iOS device I get about 10 seconds into one and the sound stops, then about 13 seconds later the video stops moving but the time keeps counting to the 2 minute total.  The other video makes it about 26 seconds before both the sound and video stop but the time continues.  When i download these videos onto thr iOS device the downloaded video displays the same behavior. However i just watched both videos on the Android app on a tablet I still have and both videos and sound played all the way through.  It seems to be an isolated issue with the iOS app.  I can still try to post a video if that would be helpful however since the same video works on the Android app, I'm not sure if it would provide the same benefit?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terk,

I'm currently working with the engineering team to better understand why this issue is happening for some users. Any clips you can provide will be helpful. If you do provide clips, send them to me via private message and I will provide these to engineering.

JamesC

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, this is strange.  I cannot send you a video unless I host it on a web sight first (so DropBox, Drive, ...) and in exporting the file from my iOS device to either of the above services it must change the codec of the file or something and because the video plays correctly even on the iOS device when played by clicking on the saved file within DropBox or Drive but not if played from the Photos app where the iOS Arlo app placed it originally or via the iOS Arlo app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with firmware release 1.8.3.2_21995. Please check your Arlo Q firmware to be sure you have the latest version. You can view the release notes here: Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.3.2_21995 - 7th August 2018

JamesC