Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Latest Firmware?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
wxman
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the latest firmware for the cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Last one I had noted as production release was;

Arlo = 1.2.4941  ( may now be 1.2.5699 which was beta release )

Q cam = 1.8.0.5551 as of june 10

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Last one I had noted as production release was;

Arlo = 1.2.4941  ( may now be 1.2.5699 which was beta release )

Q cam = 1.8.0.5551 as of june 10

Morse is faster than texting!
RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

The FW that I'm running on all my camera's is 1.2.4941. Is there a newer verson? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yours is the latest release.  Anything with a bigger number at this point in time is a beta release.

TH1racer
Star
Star

Just bought the sytem 2 days ago, 7 27-16. Here is a copy past of my FW, HW

FW Version
1.7.5_6178

HW Version
VMB3010r2

Is this the latest.lol

Have the same lag issues on stratup and still has the limit of even if there is motion once the record time is over it takes WAY to long to reload and trigger another recording....

I have tried everything, stteings, position ect. Is there another update to fix these IMO major issues with a security ystem at this price... I have a $30 dollar web cam thats better than ths !!!

Thanks for any help ! Much appreiated !!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the latest firmware.

The reset time after a recording is done is problematic.  I have never measured it but don't forget that not only does the system need to reset but the motion also has to be detected.  Thus, if the motion has moved to a location where it's difficult to detect (distance, moving towards the camera instead of the desired across the FOV, etc.), the next recording may be delayed due to lack of detection.  The current method of getting past this is to lengthen the recording time so the whole event is captured.

TH1racer
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply ! Ya i am well aware of the " logic " behind the camera. I have a controls/programming engineering background. My issue is why the lag, why not just record all the motion. Only thing i can figure is that if a camera pics up say leaves moving it could record until the batteries expire each time so a time out set was installed at 10 sec - 2 minuets... I have my cams in the back and front. The front one, in order to pick up someone comming onto my property the sensitivity needs to be 100%. The cam now picks up any movement, sometimes there is nothing there so am assuming its a bug or something small and im getting 30 second clips every 1-5 minuets.... Batteries are 4 days old and are allready at 40%... The lag time on it is around 10 to 30 seconds between recording. This is a deal breaker ! at 350.00 I see this camera going back.. Just not sher what system will give me what I need.... Looking like a wired in camera with cloud and or direct to PC recording.

Again THANKS for the reply ! Much Appreciated !!!!!