Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone know what the LATEST r7000 Arlo-compatible firmware is?  Best i can find is R7000-V1.0.6.54_1.2.3.chk

31 REPLIES 31
carlsez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  I might end up getting a base station, but will see how I go. Not the first to complain about buying this router on the basis of it's Arlo capabilities and then getting burnt! Makes me not want to buy a base station and give them more money.

tfn220189
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

Same issue with the firmware update here, old links for the R7000-V1.0.6.54_1.2.3.chk version are expired, could you please share a new one?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I have an R7k and used the beta versions of firmware to try to get Arlo capability. That effort was discontinued so the R7k is officially not able to replace an Arlo base station. You must use a base, regardless of the router.
tfn220189
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using the R7000 as an Arlo base station from the very beginning without any critical issue.

I just need to revert to the last Arlo working firmware because I made the great mistake to update the firmware, so please share it with me if you have it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
This is a Bad Idea. The Arlo firmware embedded in the beta firmware for the R7k is a year and a half old, forcing the cameras to be extremely out of date, too. It's not worth it.
tfn220189
Aspirant
Aspirant

It doesn't metter for me cameras and router are working fine, now.. can you share the required firmware with me? 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, I deleted it long ago.