Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
jhainzl
Star
Star

Is anyone using geofencing and is it working satisfactorily?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I run it for a while with one phone....worked great.

Issues do seem to come up when more than one phone is used at the same time with geofencing

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
quigger11
Guide
Guide

I have four users and geofencing only works for myself.  I also asked the system to only update me with motion detections when armed and it continues to update all users.  Had gear for one week and family thinks I should take it back to Costco.  Called into support and they said its a bug they are working on.  No ability to give an ETA on the fix or update me when fixed. ARG.

Anybody who found a fix or work around please advise.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You're going to have to supply details for us to help.

Push notifications are for anyone running the app. If you don't want everyone to be receiving them, you need to direct the others to disable notifications in the phone settings for the app, as told here many times. Email notifications are set on a per user basis since you have to insert their email addresses.
BillJeffs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo's been working on this "bug" for awhile.....I've had my Arlo cameras since they came out and geofencing is still working with only one phone.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BillJeffs,

Do you have a shared account created for the other device so that the app can always be running on both devices?

JamesC

MrMustardSeed
Tutor
Tutor

Geofencing used to work pretty good when it was beta.  Now I've had nothing but trouble.

• Just got home - wife at work - we both have Geofencing turned on.  I pulled in the driveway any it recoginzed I was home but returned pics from two different cameras.  This happens when I'm away and my wife is in and around the house.
  • Leaving home Geofence doesn't recognize I'm away till about 600 - 800 feet away on the next street.
  • My farm is next door to my property.  I've tried moving the center of geofence so it wont show me as at home.  Again, about 6-800 feet away I go in and out of the fence.  I have it set to the smallest diameter with the position right on top of my house right now.  Moving the center never seemed to work.

Pretty frustrated with it at this point.  We have 4 cameras working since the end of February.  Battery life is good.  Lowest is about 35% with all set to 15 second video.

Uh1pilot
Guide
Guide
Try scheduling mode instead