Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Cameras viewed by more than one user

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Harrism1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry if this has been answered. I purchased 3 cameras with a base station and need constant viewing of all three cameras (approx 8 hrs per day).
The salesperson recommended these for this particular application. Initially all cameras were on but after a few minutes each display showed the "play" symbol. I had to constantly hit the play button. Am I correct to assume these are NOT the best option for live streaming? If so, what do I do if I've thrown out the packaging? I'm assuming I can't return them even though the salesperson sold me these after my usage description.
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

None of the wireless cameras are suitable for constant streaming and aren't advertised as such.  The Pro cameras can be plugged in so battery life isn't an issue but all will timeout after 30 minutes of live view/recording.  The powered Q cameras also have limitations but recording for 8 hours isn't possible since the video files would be absolutely huge (a previous test I did would indicate ~10GB for 8 hours) and Netgear won't allow it.

I think you need a wired system that records loclly if you want this sort of operation.

Harrism1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks jguerdat. Appreciate it.