Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Elmar2001
Star
Star

Please move to old Firmware and App as soon as possible and make the system work again. A security system that does not work any more after an update is really crap.

You forced me and the community to move to the new app and renewed the firmware of the base station. Now the geofencing is not working any more. It says repeatedly, that the connection to the base station and internet is lost. When I am arriving at home, Arlo does not detect me any more.

Before the system run fine for a long time without problems. So do the customer a favor and go back and give him back a functional system. Immediately.

Thanks. Sorry, I am really angry, because I bought the system for security reasons and spend a lot of money and now it is not working. 

257 REPLIES 257
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just keep posting your frustrations in public forums they participate on.  Twitter is good.  This account:

https://twitter.com/ArloSmartHome

Their spin master CEO:

https://twitter.com/mbmcrae

Leave 1 star reviews for the app etc.  

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Ok Arlo have used an update 2:12 overnight let’s see if that works
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A new version of the Arlo mobile app for iOS is now available resolving several issues with Geofencing, please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app installed and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12 - 13th December 2019

Boomer_1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I downloaded 2.12 earlier this morning on both of our phones. It actually worked for the first time. However I will wait a bit as it has worked before. Bit at least it worked and did not arm me in my own home. Once I get 10 successes or so I will feel more confident. Course they are  coming up on their normal 2 month clearing time.

LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Will give it a few days and report back. Installed this morning and updated my iOS as well to 13.3

Didn’t arm when I went to work today but when I opened the app, I forgot I had manually disarmed a few days ago because it wouldn’t disarm itself then. Lol. Great, no security for a few days. Hmph.

Anyway, I am not very hopeful, too many disappointments, but I’ll give it a try for a few days and report back. Thanks for telling us about the update.
Maxch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Installed the new Arlo version 2.12 and worked for the first time some minutes ago. Let’s see in the next days if it is the definitive solution or not.
Elmar2001
Star
Star

Same here. First test passed successfully. Hope that the bug is fixed now. That would be great.

Ching44
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far not so good.  Downloaded the updates and when I left the home zone it did arm correctly; however, when I returned to the home zone it did not disarm.  I wish I had never bought this system.  Nothing but problems with geofencing.