Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Heva
Tutor
Tutor

Updated my iPhone to IOS 17.5.1 and now I am no longer receiving any notifications from Arlo. No sound and no banners. The recordings are there but no notifications - any ideas? This happened with the last update too and took ages to resolve - very frustrating 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This has been resolved. You should be able to see notifications now. 

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello everyone, it is currently being looked into. I know not having notifications is frustrating, we are looking into a fix, I will update that community as soon as possible. 

56 REPLIES 56
MircoT
Star
Star

hello,

I've the same problem.

Yesterday push notifications worked correctly, today they no longer work.
registrations take place regularly, but the badge does not appear on the app icon and push notifications do not arrive.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it didn't fix it.

Note: I upgraded to iOS 17.5.1 when it came out and Arlo notifications worked after the upgrade. They quit working today.

Note 2: I have 10 Arlo Pro 2 and 1 Arlo Pro 4 on 2 bases on the same lan network, I am using legacy UI.

W8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup I did the exact same and still not working.I thought deleting and reinstalling the app would fix the issue but nothing has changed 

Booster2001
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. Stopped working overnight last night. I can see recordings when I go into the app but that is not what I have the system for. Hopefully they are working on a fix. 

Nannysam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here no notifications no security. 

Cubamo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not receiving push notification any longer. Was working nut stopped.Reinstalled app,rebooted phone and logged out of app and phone.still no messages ,any idea's?

ERKK
Aspirant
Aspirant

As the title says. Had this problem a while back and randomly after a couple of days started to work on its own. Currently on iOS 17.5.1 15 Pro Max. 

Motion is captured in the app but no push notification to phone sent. I have a subscription. Issue is same for both Doorbell and Floodlight. 

Below are the tried solutions but nothing works:

- Restarted phone

- Deleted app and installed again

- Logged out and logged back in 

- Background Refresh on (always has been)

- Phone not in low battery mode

- Push Notifications enabled in iOS

- Notifications not muted in app

- Tried whole thing on another iPhone, no changes (installing the app on a new iPhone)

- Removed devices and added them back on 

- Deleted routines in app and added them back with push notification enabled 

- Notifications enabled in app 

- App is updated 

- Basestation and devices updated 

Only thing I can think of is I recently updated to iOS 17.5.1. Genuinely out of ideas. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello everyone, it is currently being looked into. I know not having notifications is frustrating, we are looking into a fix, I will update that community as soon as possible. 

W8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you sir appreciate your help thanks 

Heva
Tutor
Tutor

Another night I won’t sleep because the cameras don’t work. What a nightmare, we paid so much money for these cameras as we live in a high crime area and they are again useless 

ERKK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Just glad it’s not an issue I am only facing. 

TD33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Quick question, I went to standby mode and then returned to arm away but now I am not receiving alerts. The camera is recording movement and I can see them in the feeds section but I am no longer getting alerts. I have checked all the notifications and push alerts on the app and my iphone and they are all enabled. Do I need to reconnect the device with my phone on the same wifi to get alerts again? Anyone out there familiar with this issue? thanks

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This has been resolved. You should be able to see notifications now. 

PSullivan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried everything I have no notification sounds and it's not stacking.

MircoT
Star
Star

for me seems to be solved now. 

HarryGinSC
Star
Star

Technical Support is absolutely clueless (as usual) on this issue.  They want me to fix my base station or my phone or my tablet or whatever else isn't getting notifications.  Why doesn't Arlo have better communication to let tech support know that NO ONE is getting notifications, not just my little ole iPhone.

Harry G.

StefCobe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to work now. Just close and re-open the app

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@HarryGinSC can you log out and log back in and then check the notifications. It should be resolved as of now.

W8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be working now for us all fixed. thanks for your quick help and responses 

ERKK
Aspirant
Aspirant

All good now. Thank you!!

zoopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN How about port forwarding not being available? The notifications was the first fix, port forwarding next so we can look at our local storage? Thanks 

HarryGinSC
Star
Star

Notifications are working again.  No information was received at all from Arlo about this system outage.  Their "technical support" totally wasted everyone's time today (as they always do in such system-wide outages).  So, I expect this to keep on happening again and again unless the company has a real culture change toward better customer support. Not holding my breath on that one. 

Judgedred127
Star
Star

After all the posts out there with our problem, Arlo stepped in and fixed the issue. I can now receive notifications. Big thank you. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@zoopy The port forwarding is being looked into as well. I do not have an exact ETA on when that will be resolved. But I will update the community as soon as possible. 

Gamer71
Tutor
Tutor

Why do they say it’s resolved? Mine is still doing the same thing. No fix.

HarryGinSC
Star
Star

Try logging out of the app and then back in.  I did that (and also rebooted my device) and then it started working again.