Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

IOS 17.5.1 push notifications

Discussion stats
Heva
Tutor
Tutor

Updated my iPhone to IOS 17.5.1 and now I am no longer receiving any notifications from Arlo. No sound and no banners. The recordings are there but no notifications - any ideas? This happened with the last update too and took ages to resolve - very frustrating 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This has been resolved. You should be able to see notifications now. 

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello everyone, it is currently being looked into. I know not having notifications is frustrating, we are looking into a fix, I will update that community as soon as possible. 

56 REPLIES 56
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m not receiving any notifications for any of my cameras including essential camera and doorbell as of tonight . All notifications are toggled on in the app and my phone notifications. I tried resetting , uninstalling the app, etc and nothing. Is anyone else having this issue ? #troubleshooting #arlopro4 

Judgedred127
Star
Star

This is a new subject that started today 6/6/24 @ 6pm EST. Arlo would always send me notifications on every alert. Including Arming  and disarming devices. All of a sudden the app decided to flip out and not log me in and kept logging out. Once I finally got to log in, it stopped giving me notifications. I read every instruction, logged out, cleared the cashe, reset my phone, deleted the app, reinstalled, checked every possible notification setting possible and still no go. 

zoopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Port forwarding not working and notifications not working now.. what are they doing???

bobby3217
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same here,

I was for 30 min with support.Reinstalled devices.No notofications

bobby3217
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.

I believe it is on their end.

Spent 30 min with live chat.Did everything. No notofications.

Started today

Sin73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, stopped working yesterday afternoon. Recordings are fine looks like only push notifications issue.

Reinstalled APP did not resolved it, i guess it's issue with the Arlo Cloud service.

Gamer71
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. Disappointing—very important feature for safety/trespassing detection. Please fix, Arlo.

StefCobe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here! I’m experiencing the same issue without changing any settings. Arlo’s support is terrible and nonexistent!

Heva
Tutor
Tutor

I agree - i am sick of this happening. Going to buy some other brand camera tomorrow if this isn’t sorted. 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC Hi James are they aware of this issue with no notifications ?

Rutledgej
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our notifications for the app stopped working yesterday.   The app and settings in phone still have notifications turned on.  

LuSi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same... notifications not working... despite status.arlo.com showing as all ok.

(I do get the notification from Apple's HomeKit however, just not the one from the Arlo app)

CoryR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem started at the same time. I didn’t change any setting on my phone or my wife’s phone, nor did I alter anything in the Arlo app or move cameras. Since the notifications stopped I’ve updated the app, rebooted my phone, rebooted the base station, removed my wife and re-added her. 

When I tried to re-add my wife in the app, she couldn’t accept the invitation because the authentication push notification wouldn’t send.

StefCobe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently, the issue is known, and they should resolve it soon. I hope

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rutledgej wrote:

Our notifications for the app stopped working yesterday.   The app and settings in phone still have notifications turned on.  

iPhone or Android?

If an iPhone, did you just update it to iOS 17.5.1?

MSW222
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Is it associated with a specific model? I have Arlo Pro 2.

Judgedred127
Star
Star

I have the essential. I imagine it’s across all the cameras with arlo where it stopped sending notifications. 

PDiddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have tried every solution under the sun based on prior forums include resetting network settings, removing and reinstalling devices, deleting and re-signing up my account, removing all people, deleting and reinstalling app, etc etc etc 

I am running iOS 17.5.1 and it appears this is not an uncommon issue. When will this company fix this with a firmware update so customers can actually receive push notifications from their cameras? Seems crazy that this issue hasn’t been instantly resolved. 

If anyone has a fix / suggestion, I’d love to hear it! 

Thanks 

Allykatmeows
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issues. It’s highly frustrating. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset my cameras, made sure push notifications were on and that I’m not in DND mode. No, luck. Very aggravating and can’t get any help for support. I guess I don’t qualify. 

zoopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has nothing to do with us updating iOS. This is more of a server side ARLO problem. First it’s port forwarding that stopped working, now notifications.. I’ve had iOS 17.5.1 installed since it released and everything was working until ARLO app 4.14 was released. Stop gas lighting us and fix the problem. 

zoopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

No notifications or port forwarding… what do you know.. Arlo forcing us to buy subscriptions probably. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB and any other guru or person without an Arlo avatar is not an Arlo employee - we're users like you. 

Port forwarding is a local issue and has nothing to do with Arlo servers since you have to configure your own network to use it. I suppose the new app may have an issue that you can raise with official support by using the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your hub. Scroll down to Contacts to raise the issue with them.

W8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup I’m the same with my iPhone 

no notifications at all but they are there when I go into the app hopefully fix soon 

W8
Aspirant
Aspirant

No notifications on iPhone at all.

When I go into the app they all appear at once in the library but no push notifications. My partner has android and she is receiving notifications like normal