Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I'm trying to setup IFTTT again after trying it a year ago.

However when I'm on IFTTT and trying to save a recipe it states "WE CANT ACCESS YOUR SERVICE" in a big red banner at the top of the page.

If I go into the IFTTT settings for Arlo it says my Arlo is "Active" connected as "null null".  I've tried unconnecting and reconnecting it.   It prompts to allow iFTTT access which I accept...but same issue.

Any troubleshooting steps I'm missing?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MaxV
Guide
Guide

Im trying to create an applet that connects Arlo (Arming). But al i get in the Connect Arlo window is "Loading". Tryed to "wait" it out but notning happends. My other connections with IFTTT works as they should - only when im trying to connect to Arlo this happends. Anyone else that have this issue?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Many people have reported that IFTTT integration is not currently working and hasn't worked for a while. Perhaps try Stringify but I think stringify is based on IFTTT so it might not work. 

I can tell you that Smartthings definitely does work

steve_t
Master Master
Master

A lot of people report that it's not working currently. Not sure what the deal is. In the meantime, maybe try Stringify though Stringify runs off IFTTT I think. If you have a Smartthings Hub, that definitely works for automations

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this issue back to engineering with the details described here.

I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

Maybe Arlo should update it's KB to state that IFTTT does not currently work with Arlo?

https://kb.arlo.com/1075729/What-is-IFTTT-and-how-do-I-use-it-with-my-Arlo-camera

Seems wrong to advertise a feature that folks have said has been broken for a while.

MaxV
Guide
Guide
I have now tryed to connect to Arlo with IFTTT om Android. Here i almost direct get a massage "There was a problem handling your request. So is same issue on both computer and phone.
MaxV
Guide
Guide
Thanks. Im using openhab2 and In not sure if it connects with stringify. But it do have IFTTT support.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC