Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo unable to add device

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Preeth
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to add device after successfully syncing to base station. Cameras suddenly went offline though internet was connected and all four cameras had sufficient batt life and resync did not help so tried to reset and add devices again but now that won’t work.
10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What lights are on on the base station? When you say reset, do you mean a power cycle or a full factory reset?

Preeth
Aspirant
Aspirant
The base station has all three lights in green ( power, Internet & camera). I did the power supply on/off then used the reset button behind the base unit (not sure if this is what is considered as factory reset)
brh
Master
Master

@Preeth

I believe the button you were talking about is the power button. To do a factory reset, you have to use a paper clip to access the the reset button on the back of the base. You press and hold this button for ten seconds. This will reset everything to the way it left the factory  After that you will have to add all your devices back starting with the base.

Your problem may have been router related, possibly a firmware update.

Brian

Preeth
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Brian Sorry I meant I did the reset with the paper.clip but I had not done that for 10 sec and I did that now let the base station reboot and tried to add device would sync but won’t add. Nothing has changed 😔
brh
Master
Master

@Preeth

Are you able to add the base station? The base station must be added first before you try to add the cameras.

Brian

Preeth
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Brian Oh! How do I do that? I’ve been trying from app so I used the steps as directed by the app so assumed the base station was already paired.
brh
Master
Master

@Preeth

You add the base station just like you would the cameras in the device section. But since you are essentially doing a new installation here are the instructions for that:

For the original Arlo Wire Free HD system the link is:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/Arlo_Wirefree/arlo_wirefree_um.pdf

For the Pro models the link is:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloPro/arlo_pro_um.pdf

Brian

Preeth
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Brian tried that with no luck again 😔
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Drop back and punt.

Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot until the power and Internet LEDs are solid green (if they're not solid green, nothing is going to work). Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Preeth,

Are you still having trouble after following jguerdat's instructions above? Please let us know.

JamesC