Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Malicious and unauthorized access to recordings by intruders

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlohomesecurit
Aspirant
Aspirant

My room has been intruded and the video files have been deliberately deleted. People who did these must have administrator rights to access the recordings in the library. Those recordings are the evidences what they have done in the room. Please somebody help me find out who and why. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Who else has any access to your Arlo login, whether via your credentials or guest access?  WIthout that access, videos can't be deleted.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since they reside on the cloud and not the local device, they must have PW access....

Recommend you change you PW and use a strong one.

PS If on Basic level, the recordings will auto delete after 7 days as storage is a rolling 7 days only

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Arlohomesecurit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you TomMac for replying.

For password, my question is if they have PW, when they log in, my login page will notify that there's some one else just log in. And that never happened.

For 7-days basic level, I never keep recordings more than one day, not even hours. I delete recordings everytime I finish checking.

I've changed PW to a very strong one before. I will change it again to see if it works. However, I suspect since they have "administrative rights", no matter what PW I change to won't work. I will change it anyway.

Thanks again for your reply.

Arlohomesecurit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me be straight forward.

I am sure it's the police or the government. And I am "not" a criminal.

This is Taiwan. It sucks here. I might bother some neighbors' morning sleep for getting up early (not very, just 6:30 AM).

They report it to the police. And their ways to silence me are by poisoning my drinking water and releasing poisonous gas in my room. They break in my room to poison not just water bus also food and mask I wear to prevent from poisonous gas.

I've also already sue the police. So I need hard evidence. But they probably have the administrator rights to my recordings.

I really need help to stop them (not optimistic) or I have to get out of this stupid island.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The only way for a user, other than yourself, to have administrative rights to your account is if they have the password or you have shared access to the account via the Grant Access feature and toggled on access rights.

As mentioned, if you have reason to believe someone has your password and is accessing your account without your permission, change your password as detailed here: How do I change my Arlo password?

JamesC

Arlohomesecurit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you JamesC for replying

No one is granted access in "Grant Accesss(0)". I have changed my password to see if this works.

Allow me to be frank with you.

I am a citizen in Taiwan. The police/government poison my drinking water/food and release poisonous gas in my room.
I am "not" a criminal. I might bother some neighbors' (some of them are cops) morning sleep because I get up early (not very, around 6:30AM). That's their excuse to silence me by breaking in my room to poison anything I have to make me sick and weak.
They also monitor my internet activity and collect my personal data, spy my daily routine, have grocery store/shopping mall connive to poison the stuff I eat, cause my car accidents. If I google/search anything I want to buy, they sabotage it.
For examples, the lock I want to change, then they have keys to break in; the security camera I set in my room to capture their criminal acts, then they malfunction it or delete the video files (evidence).
I have already sued them for these and hence need the hard evidence that they break in and perpetrate their acts.