Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
nturner103
Guide
Guide

So I've had it with this system. Sure it promises great functionality but it just does not deliever.

Motion detection

I've learned that if you place the cam in a busy location of course its going to record alot. That being said if you place it in a place or angle it where there is no traffic/motion then it shouldnt record a lot. My driveway camera is pointed only at my cars, street is not in view. The camera constantly records reflections on my cars and kills the battery. So my video feed all day is just my cars sitting in the driveway(not pointed at the street). My batteries last a couple of days before its already low.

So you would think its very sensivite to anything that would enter its view right....not the case. If I am pulling into my driveway the camera doesnt even catch my pulling in, it only catches me by the time i get out of the car and walking into the garage...very delayed. 

At my front door its the same thing I have a decent sized walk way leading to my front door, barely any traffic, yet when someone walks up the walk way to lets say drop off a package the camera only gets them walking away so I never see the face. This was the same issue at my previous house and i ended up getting a ring doorbell because arlo was so bad. What happens if its the reverse and someone is stealling a package??? I can walk to my front door and the camera only catches the the last second of me going into the door. Ive added a screenshot below of my front door that should give an idea of the placement of the door cam. I dont see why it wont record in time no matter the settings

Support

i've opened a ticket with support before but their fix was to purchase a new camera and use it as a trigger to make the other camers record?!?!?!!

Has anyone else had these types of issues? I 've had the system for over a year and really want them to work but they are fustrating and expensive to keep replacing batteries every couple of weeks.Capture.PNG

27 REPLIES 27
MCHEV08
Guide
Guide

product is very DEFECTIVE.  WE ARE NET CHUMPS, welcome to the elite club.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

since there are more happy customers here to help than people having issues, I think the product overall works.

There are people who don't know how to make the product do what they want it to

There are people who want the product do things it can't

There are people who have issues that can be helped by forum users or technical support

and there are people who have hardware issues and need either cams or base stations swapped out. (I fell into that group)

steve_t
Master Master
Master

1. There are definitely some faulty products hitting the market, especially cameras with the pink images. Luckily, Netgear are more than happy to replace them.

2. There are definitely shortcomings with a battery operated system that people are generally not aware of nor understanding of before they buy and it may not suit everyone's needs. I'm definitely glad there is the option of rechargeable batteries recommended by Netgear and can't wait til Arlo Pro hits my part of the world. 

3. There are definitely some very shirty people who post about it being junk and threaten to return it who in reality plain just don't understand how to use the technology. Sometimes some help from the community allows them to realise what they need to do to get working but sometimes they don't have the patience or nouse to get them to the point of operation. Other times, they're just angry because it doesn't suit their needs and they genuinely would be better off with a different system

I definitely see a lot of angry posters falling into category 3