Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MoneyTalks
Follower
Follower

I purchased Netgear ex3700 to extend my Arlo base station... Is that possible.. IF so HOW PLEASE

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

MoneyTalks wrote:

I purchased Netgear ex3700 to extend my Arlo base station... Is that possible.. IF so HOW PLEASE

You would place the extender in the best possible or central location of you home and then plug the base station into the ethernet port ( so the base can access the internet )

A central location for the extender and base  will give you the best radius for good signal to the cameras.

Or if you have a second base you can run one base at each end of the home to maximize your coverage ( sync the cameras closest to each base as they can only be sync'ed to one base at a time )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ghostbyte
Tutor
Tutor

how do we put ex7000 in the network ?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't use a wifi extender to increase the range of the Arlo cams as they only sync to the base.... you can use it to extend the Q cameras as they connect to your home wifi.

In order to epand/extend the area of your coverage, you could move the base to a more central location with using  the extender's ethernet port OR add a second base via the ethernet port away from the primary base ( and sync the closest cameras to the second base )

Morse is faster than texting!
ghostbyte
Tutor
Tutor

It might be quite intelligent if they are, that the people of Arlo does the necessary to have a possible extension of the system .

GhostByte