Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

30 days and the batterie that came with the system is dead. Realy???

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Hokallabird
Star
Star

Becouse the detail of the video is so bad and becouse of the high video compression of the system i put on the highest quality in the camera settings and now after 30 days the batterie is empty. I thing this is not good for the wow system in the presentation. 3-4 month?? No way!! Live in sweden, its winter. 1 month. 

Here a good quality batterie of four cost 24$ so 24x12 month is 288$/year if you want it the best video mode!!

Maby if the settings was at "balance batterie and video" but its realy bad in that mode.

CRAZYYY

6 REPLIES 6
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

About a month ago I ordered 24 Nitecore rechargables from fasttech.com for $145 and a Nitecore D4 Charger from Amazon for $32.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hokallabird,

Normal battery usage is defined as 4 minutes per day on the optimized settings for a battery life expectancy of 4-6 months. Take a look at this article outlining battery life expectancy and ways to improve it: What is the battery life for NETGEAR Arlo wireless cameras and how can I extend their life?

JamesC

ImsnoAngel
Aspirant
Aspirant
They need to be shot for designing this to use such expensive batteries.
ImsnoAngel
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a better solution for batteries in these cameras, given the design and usage parameters? Have you investigated pricing online? Have you read the threads in Buying Options and Tips forum about rechargeable batteries?

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate your feedback and contribution to the community. I just wanted to let you know that the board you have posted on is the Community feedback board, intended for feedback on the community forums and boards themselves, and not product help or feedback. It looks like your post is more of a troubleshooting question, and as such, I will be moving it to its proper home on the Arlo-Wire Free Troubleshooting board.