Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I just received a replacement arlo wireless camera, wont sync, system is 1 month old.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
svt4cobra6
Initiate
Initiate

Have had the arlo system with 4 cameras about a month.  Three of the 4 cameras worked so sent one back for exchange.  Just got the replacement, put in batteries, hit sync on base station then sync on camera but it does not seem to be syncing.  Could be a bad one that was sent back to me but maybe an issue with the sync procedure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

You can try and restart the base, If that does not work, the last resort is to remove all devices and do a factory reset using the reset button.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Don't push the sync button on the base for too long.

What lights how on the camera when you press the sync button?

What does the app. report during this time when you select add device?

GuiP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have the exact same problem. Had one camera sent for standard exchange, just received the new one, impossible to synchronize it with the base. I press the button on the base for 2 sec, the light blinks, then do the same on the camera and the blue light also blinks but never stops. Suggestions are welcome.
brh
Master
Master

Have you tried opening the battery door of the camera and closing it again then trying to resync it?

Secondly, if that doesn't work, delete the camera from your system and then add it back.

Brian

GuiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

thanks for your quick reply. I did try to open the battery compartment and try to synchronise it again be without success. I tried a few times actually.

I can delete the camera from the system because I can't add it at all.

Shall I try to unplug the box to restart it?

Regards,

Guillaume

brh
Master
Master

Press the Power button on your base station and hold it for 10 seconds. 

Brian

Streak2
Master Master
Master

You can try and restart the base, If that does not work, the last resort is to remove all devices and do a factory reset using the reset button.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

steve_t
Master Master
Master

brh wrote:

Press the Power button on your base station and hold it for 10 seconds. 

Brian

The power button has an on/off position so holding it won't do anything. If you're referring to the reset button, then the instructions as above should be followed

svt4cobra6
Initiate
Initiate

Got it working, just had to reset the base, camera seems fine!

steve_t
Master Master
Master

svt4cobra6 wrote:

Got it working, just had to reset the base, camera seems fine!

Excellent. Good stuff

GuiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for your help. I got it working as well by just restarting the base.