Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DesMoinesMike
Initiate
Initiate

The mode section says "Getting Information" and never changes.  I can't get on with my phone or the computer.  How do I reset this?

35 REPLIES 35
Netti15
Star
Star
I have the same problem since this this morning. I use 13 cameras and 3 stations. And the support is asking for a screenshot of the speed. Really funny support.
BouBiDa
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem since this morning.

I can't change the mode with my iphone but it's possible with my PC.

I use 1 station with 8 cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of an issue that is causing a problem when using schedules and changing modes. We are working to quickly resolve the issue and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to bring a resolution as fast as possible.

JamesC

AzaSweden
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi i have arlo and from today i have problem getting into rules, i cant switch on and of my rules. In the app it sayes geting information in sweden language.
Mark75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this system because I'm going to holydays.... but I cant go in the rules to set sensitivity or change the mode....

Message saying "please wait" or "obtaining infos"....

Ill go on holyday without been able to configurate my system.... I hope a commercial gesture from Netgear, I bought this system but I cant use it.... Ill be worried about my house during my hollydays...

Welldone
Initiate
Initiate
SAME for me with IOS
Workaround : login on my old windows PC / Firefox
but it is still a major inconvenient

1 station 5 cam
Netti15
Star
Star

If you use iOS, try Puffin App in the AppStore

Worked for my with the iPad and Iphone

Brudlykke
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same problem here!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same probleme here! I can connect to my account and see my modes on my computer, but when I tap on the "modes" icon in both the Ipad and Iphone apps, all I see is the message "Obtention des informati..." (in french version of the app)... Even when I try to go on the web portal on these devices, all I see is a "Loading" message under the Arlo Logo...

It worked two days ago when I set it all up, but not today...

Mark75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here,

Only reply two days ago: "can you perform a speedtest of your internet connection". What I did.

I answered : 189 mbit/s in download and 19mbit/s in upload....

From that answer total silence from support...

I would like that a engineer tell me what is happening. I have to go in holyday tomorrow, I bought this system to secure my house but I still can configurate properly in going in the modes and rules.

I feel my money has been stolen.

All my hardware at home is performant, my connection is fast but........ Arlo's system doesnt respond.....

I wait for a commercial gesture from Netgear: Ill go on holyday with my house unsafe. Could someone from the support call me or send me a real email? Not a pseudo answer on a support.

Best regard,

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I tried to remove all the accents in the name of my modes (I use the french version of the app)... I had to connect to my profile with a computer to do this... And it seems to be working... I have access to my modes again on the iphone and ipad apps... Maybe you should try to connect to your account on a computer and try to modify the names of your modes... And tell us if it works for you too!
Mark75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your message...

No It doesnt work. Still stucked.... cant change any rule or modes....

BouBiDa
Tutor
Tutor

No, it doesn't work. Cannot see & modify rules in the parameters section.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
You both tried to connect to the portal with your computer?
Retired_Member
Not applicable
(Arlo.netgear.com)
DesMoinesMike
Initiate
Initiate
So is this solved yet? It's a giant pain.
BouBiDa
Tutor
Tutor

With the IOS app :

- we cannot access & change selected mode (ON/OFF) in the "Mode section"

- we cannot access & change rules in the "Parameters section"

With the web interface (arlo.netgear.com) :

- we can access & change selected mode (ON/OFF) in the "Mode section"

- we cannot access & change rules in the "Parameters section"

teaterlyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same problem for me....

Can change modes using my Mac, but when using my IOS devices it just halts on "getting information"..

seggreeses
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here. Cannot change modes on PC and Android too. And one of my camera is not recording on motion. When can we except the solution?  

HamzaAli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't access the mode menu and so I can not control the mode on/off functions, When will this problem be fixed?

consi
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same Problem. I can change the mode on firefox,safari, but it doesn't work on any mobile device. Not on Ipad, not on Iphone. I need help. When will the problem be solved?

Welldone
Initiate
Initiate
Is Netgear on vacation ?
When will it be fixed ?
HamzaAli
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it seems like they are on their annual leave!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While there are Arlo/Netgear employees here, I don't count on forums to be the real problem solver.  That's what contact with support through the established channel is for.  I'd recommend a dual path - post here but also open a trouble ticket.