Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MichaelJ81
Guide
Guide

Why are there no alerts sent anymore for low battery? I don't expect daily updates, but a 25% left alert (or something) like we used to get. I see so many feeds on this site that say it used to exist but doesn't now, or has been turned off or something - that's ridiculous. I only found today that my front door camera batteries were completely flat, when I got an alert on the app that they required replacement - at 0%. That's mighty helpful - WHY IS THERE NO PRIOR WARNING!? I bought this system to protect my home - not to have it unprotected ALL DAY while I'm at work until I can get home. Also, having cameras go randomly offline because of being overseas and no prior warning of low battery (70% when i left) so for two weeks I had no coverage. I am considering returning this entire system and demanding a full refund - this is just simply not good enough. YOU SHOULDN'T BE TAKING FEATURES AWAY! And no, my email system is not blocking your emails either before you say it. I would like a non-scripted genuine response from someone at Arlo.

CAMERA FIRMWARE: 1.2.16720

BASE STATION F/WARE: 1.9.8.0_16666

129 REPLIES 129
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Community,

The issue with low battery E-Mail alerts not being received should now be resolved for the following Base Stations (VMB3010,VMB3500).

Please find the Release notes. 

Arlo Base Station VMB3500 - 1.12.2.7_7_dd3c705 - 19th March 2020

Arlo Base Station VMB3010 - 1.12.2.8_556_dd3c705 - 19th March 2020

There will be a future update for the following Base Stations (VMB4000/4500/4540/5000). 

cheese_za
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this as of today, or fixed in a previous firmware update?

I have 2 x VMB3010r2 with firmware 1.12.2.8_556_dd3c705

Visitor01
Guide
Guide
1.12.2.8_556_dd3c705 today i received the first low battery mail after I assume 1 year. Good news for a solution in sight but why it took that long. For security Arlo can't be used that's for sure.
57A
Star
Star

1. I have the VMB3010r2 base station with the original non-pro, 720P cameras (Three H7, one H11), using non-rechargeable batteries.  I had rebooted to the latest firmware on Thursday when I saw @ShayneS post.

2. Since my batteries are lasting a long time (over a year now) due to the way I use the system, I wanted a way to test to see if the low battery signal was fixed, so I inserted some old batteries just as a test.  

3. I did get the low battery warning on my iPhone, on my iPad and via e-mail.  Woohoo!

4. I only hope that this new firmware doesn't adversely affect my battery life.

5. Interestingly, the camera I used for the experiment showed 92% when I removed the batteries that were in it and showed 98% when I put them back in. I've seen this behaviour in the past - it seems to "recalibrate" when the same batteries are removed and put back in.

6. The message I received was the same as before the firmware stopped sending low battery notices around the middle of 2019.  That message was:

It looks like your Arlo xxxx is running low on battery.
You still have 2% of battery power left, but in order to maintain uninterrupted peace of mind, we recommend charging the device as soon as possible.

Thank you for fixing this, even if it did take many months.

VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station, VMC3030 | 4 Arlo Wire-Free Cameras
57A
Star
Star

In my previous post above I stated that the low battery e-mail message was the same as before this problem started. After comparing old and new, there are in fact minor differences in the title and in the body of the message.

VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station, VMC3030 | 4 Arlo Wire-Free Cameras