Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MichaelJ81
Guide
Guide

Why are there no alerts sent anymore for low battery? I don't expect daily updates, but a 25% left alert (or something) like we used to get. I see so many feeds on this site that say it used to exist but doesn't now, or has been turned off or something - that's ridiculous. I only found today that my front door camera batteries were completely flat, when I got an alert on the app that they required replacement - at 0%. That's mighty helpful - WHY IS THERE NO PRIOR WARNING!? I bought this system to protect my home - not to have it unprotected ALL DAY while I'm at work until I can get home. Also, having cameras go randomly offline because of being overseas and no prior warning of low battery (70% when i left) so for two weeks I had no coverage. I am considering returning this entire system and demanding a full refund - this is just simply not good enough. YOU SHOULDN'T BE TAKING FEATURES AWAY! And no, my email system is not blocking your emails either before you say it. I would like a non-scripted genuine response from someone at Arlo.

CAMERA FIRMWARE: 1.2.16720

BASE STATION F/WARE: 1.9.8.0_16666

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Community,

The issue with low battery E-Mail alerts not being received should now be resolved for the following Base Stations (VMB3010,VMB3500).

Please find the Release notes. 

Arlo Base Station VMB3500 - 1.12.2.7_7_dd3c705 - 19th March 2020

Arlo Base Station VMB3010 - 1.12.2.8_556_dd3c705 - 19th March 2020

There will be a future update for the following Base Stations (VMB4000/4500/4540/5000). 

View solution in original post

129 REPLIES 129
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MichaelJ81,

Low battery alert emails are still sent. This feature hasn't been removed.

Are you receiving other emails from Arlo?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They're also sent at 15%.

MichaelJ81
Guide
Guide
Hi James. No i am not getting any other emails relating to battery levels. I got one at 2% the other morning and by the time i was able to log in the camera was flat. I need more of a warning than that. I don't get any warning at 15% or any other level. Why?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MichaelJ81,

There may be an issue with the cameras connection to the base station. Does the camera drop offline frequently or is the signal strength poor?

JamesC

Ottiehund
Tutor
Tutor

We are experiencing exactly the same problem. No low battery warnings (and we have never received these) and only a warning at 0%:

"Your Arlo Battery IS Tired - Your Arlo Garage Cam is running low on battery. You’ve still got about 0% of juice left, but in order to maintain uninterrupted peace of mind, we recommend charging up the device as soon as you can".

VERY FRUSTRATING. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ottiehund,

Have you tried to reboot your base station? or remove and re-insert you camera batteries?

MichaelJ81
Guide
Guide
Seriously!? That's your suggestion? Reboot the base station and put the batteries in again? What a joke. I have to reset the base station every few weeks because your software is so crap. How about actually fixing the software issue so the battery levels actually register accurately. I've even got a Wi-Fi booster on and have full signal on the cameras and still don't get any update until 0%. It's pathetic.
jbullet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't get the battery alert emails any longer, and have experienced the same frustrations with discovering a dead camera only after having a package stolen (when the system was supposed to earn it's keep....).  

Thinking maybe I needed to re-institute the email notifications, I can't stand the barrage of emails along the lines of "cat-spotted", etc.   So have turned off email notifications under the mode setting (which by the way, is still totally buggy on the app, and the screens needed to access these settings are only accessible from my desktop).

So how does one resume email notifications on the battery alert?   Thx

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jbullet

Have you checked to see if these emails are in your spam folder? Did you receive these low battery warnings in the past?

Ottiehund
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS wrote:

Ottiehund,

Have you tried to reboot your base station? or remove and re-insert you camera batteries?

With all due respect, that is all I ever seem to find suggested from 'Arlo' on here ---- neither of those suggestions work reliably (occasionally they will). Clearly there seems to be a larger issue with reliable connectivity. Last week we were away on vacation and a day in the camera dropped connection again, leaving us without coverage for thr remainder of our vacation, kinda defeats the puropse of having the thing doesn't it??

Simply unreliable, with improvements required to either hardware or software or both.

Are Arlo actually understanding this and working on a fix?.

rjf17
Initiate
Initiate

I have had myArlo Pro camera for a couple of years and regularly got email warnings when the battery got down to 20%, then a grew additional warnings as it got lower. This tome I got a 20% warning, but no more.  I realized I'd forgotten to check and the battery was completely dead with no additional warnings.  Did something change? Is there a setting to set the warning levels?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nothing has changed that I know of - I still get emails. There's no setting you can make to change behavior. Do you get other emails from Arlo? Maybe the emails are being blocked or put into spam?

fortknox
Initiate
Initiate

I agree 100%. I used to get low battery warning emails and they just stopped. *?

Now when I travel and try to access one of my cameras it might be offline due to dead batteries. Batteries I could have replaced before leaving town. What good reason do you have for stooping this most useful feature? The arlo system and cameras are ot cheap. If this feature is not  re-implemented I will bring all of my equipment back for a refund and find some other camera system that does the little things that make a difference and I hope everyone else reading this follows my lead.

peace

MikeHab
Guide
Guide

Same here - I used to get low battery alerts perfectly fine, however they have stopped since the past month or so - presumably since a recent app or firmware update.  Lots of people seem to be complaining about low batter alerts no longer working (when they used to work fine previously), so please Arlo Suppport don't just suggest removing and re-inserting batteries - you have clearly broken something in a recent update so please investigate the issue properly and fix the issue that you have introduced.

Thanks.

Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am no longer getting the low battery notifications either.  Would like to know why and how to get them back so I can charge the batteries and not have cameras not working.

Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here - I am no longer receiving the low battery emails that I used to receive and batteries are going dead - thus the cameras are not working until the battery is recharged.  It seems like useful features that once worked are either being purposely removed or broken.  Are the low battery emails now only includes in the pay plans?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Rueg

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks.  I will contact them.

Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I spent over an hour with support through a chat session.  They said they would escalate the issue because it was a known issue.  They asked a lot of question that don't really make sense to me - who is your internet provider - what is the make and model of your modem and router. 

LordNelson
Guide
Guide

I contacted chat support today on the same issue and they said you would only receive low battery alerts if the camera was set to send email alerts - unfortunately, that also sends emails for every motion detected, which is nonsense.  Mine also disappeared on or about June 12th.

Ottiehund
Tutor
Tutor

My camera is set to send email alerts and I still no longer receive battery warnings, so I think Arlo support need to go back to the drawing board. I wonder if they actually use the product themselves (there's an idea, then they might well experience the issues themselves).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ottiehund

What percentage are your batteries at when you decide they are low & charge them?

LordNelson
Guide
Guide

In my case, the batteries are actually dying and going offline.  No alerts since the last firmware upgrade.  Correlation does not equal causation but given the quality of firmware releases I am highly suspicious.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LordNelson

Which camera(s) are you experiencing the missing battery low emails with?

Did you update your case with your findings after troubleshooting with your case manager? (Case - 40995576)