Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Lindam
Tutor
Tutor

I turned off 2 of our cameras so it won't constantly record while we were out working in the yard but now I can't seem to find out how to turn them back on.  Arlo says they are offline and they have new batteries.

41 REPLIES 41
HeWoreBlack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem.

The camera battery died while I was out of town on a business trip.  I get back and plug it in, I turn the camera off while it is charging so it won't constantly record when sensing motion.  went to check on it, after charging two to three hours to see how far along the charing has progressed, but it says it is offline.

so, I followed all of the suggestions I've read here, as well as removing the device and attempting to resync it with the base, but it doesn't sync.  It started flashing blue, and then the red LEDs around the lens came on for a bit, then turned off, then turned on again (see attached photo).

What's next?

IMG_8124.JPG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That doesn't seem normal. Did you try removing and reinserting the battery to reset the camera? When charging, did the blue LED show, indicating that the battery was charged? You may need to open a case with support here if it turns out to be a hardware problem.

HeWoreBlack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried everything, including removing the battery to reset the camera.  The blue LED was flashing the entire time the battery was charging.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The blue fully charged LED only illuminates when fully charged and is solid, not flashing. If removing and replacing the battery and/or removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resyncing it doesn't help, open a case with support here.

HeWoreBlack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Talking to support now.  for the second time today. 😞

Cornelpol
Initiate
Initiate

WTF NetGear? Can't turn off and on the camera remotley? Spend some money on support team
and stop nickel and diming to get users to do your work for free. Shameful.

Corkys-Wife
Initiate
Initiate

Ditto!  Same trouble. Turned it off yesterday to fly the flag.  Took the flag down, came back to turn the camera on and no toggle. Have tried Safari & Firefox and they are the same as Chrome.  No way to turn it back on.  We were about to buy more cameras but this thing has been nothing but trouble.  Too expensive to constantly have trouble with it.  Looking elsewhere for something that is dependable. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Corkys-Wife,

If you toggled the camera off, you should be able to toggle back on from the same location. Did you switch devices or are you logged into a different account (without access rights)? This could be why the toggle is not present.

JamesC

Corkys-Wife
Initiate
Initiate

Did you miss reading this entire thread? My reply says "ditto".....everyone on this thread is having the exact same issue.  Turn it off, attept to turn it back on and the toggle is GONE! You're right about one thing only and that is if you toggle the camera off you SHOULD be able to turn it back on!  Have not switched devices, not logged into a different account...which makes zero sense because if you were logged into a different account who's camera you had turned off you SHOULD be able to turn it back on!  LOL!  The thing is a piece of junk.  It works great, when it works.  We spend more wasited time than should be necessary having to get on a ladder, take it down, take out the batteries, put them back in, come into the house and re-sync the thing.  Not optimal! Basically sucks. 

1Rhonda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same situation here. On/off button is gone. Camera was working great. I turned it off to avoid 300 pictures of us working around the cabin, now there's no button.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Browser or app (which one)? I just tried both (Android app) and the On/Off switch is there. Try both methods (use a mobile browser if needed - use the browser menu to set it to use the desktop version of the site).

1Rhonda
Aspirant
Aspirant
The slider disappears
1Rhonda
Aspirant
Aspirant
The first time I had this issue I had turned the camera off manually, the slider disappeared. I got it up running again and then made a 2 hour drive south. The camera ran fine for about 6 hours, shut ITSELF off now I'm two hours away and SOL. Not thrilled. Taking it back where I got it from. If they can't fix it they're keeping it.
1Rhonda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same issue.
1Rhonda
Aspirant
Aspirant
The entire point of this camera: it is in a location that I am NOT.
1Rhonda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Failed from my tablet.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try restarting the base from Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart?