Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to continue recording?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DavidWhelan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know I can set it to record 120 seconds per clip, which it will do even when there is NO subsequent movemement, but Is it possible to set the length of recording at 30 seconds and then have the motion detection re-trigger when movement is still occurring to record additional video clips?

Thanks,

David

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes it will..... If there's more or continue motion, it will start a new 30 sec clip
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To be fair, Yes it will..... If there's more or continue motion, it will start a new 30 sec clip AFTER IT RESETS, RESTS AND YOU EXPERIENCE THE USUAL 4-10 second camera lag. So expect at least a 10-20 second blank spot between recordings. 

DavidWhelan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies - yes, I'm finding there's an initial 10 second delay before the recording starts, then a 10-12 second gap until it starts up again, so yes, I miss the first 10 seconds, and about 10-12 seconds in the middle...

I live in Phoenix Arizona and our outside temps are 100+ degrees, so maybe the motion lag time is worse than in most environments.

At this point I'm thinking Arlo is a great first effort, but still very much a 1.0 product.  Thinking of returning this expensive kit and waiting until Version 2.0

Thanks

David