Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Copterkamera
Star
Star
Both the original and Pro Arlo cameras is no longer possible to adjust the brightness in live mode in the Arlo app as was possible before.

Anyone who knows why this setting is not working anymore?
31 REPLIES 31
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings, Brightness.

Copterkamera
Star
Star
Does not work unfortunatly, if you change brightness the valde does not save.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It saves for me on Android. Perhaps reinstalling the app would help.

Copterkamera
Star
Star
Re installed the app byt did not work on iOS Apple app. I can not change brightness on both Arlo Pro nor Arlo first edition cameras since new Arlo app. .

Why did Arlo remove the brightness setting in the live view frame?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Copterkamera,

Is the percentage number of the brightness not saving or the image in your live view section? If you make the brightness change under the camera > Device Settings > Video Settings and go back to your devices section & click play on the camera, does the brightness update to your changes?

Copterkamera
Star
Star
No the setting is not saved.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Copterkamera,

Have you tried this with the new IOS update 12.1?

Copterkamera
Star
Star
I have 12.0.1 version on my iOS iPhoneX
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to update to the latest iOS version and test again?

Copterkamera
Star
Star
Have done that and tested again, not working. 😕 12.1 iOS version on an iPhoneX
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Copterkamera,

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

RRRoss
Tutor
Tutor

Will arlo be putting the brightness setting back the way it was or make it easier to adjust without leaving the live video. That way was much more convenient and faster.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of the browser allows you to set this in live view.

Ijwhalley
Initiate
Initiate
Hi i am having the same issue have you found an fix for this issue on ios yet. I am still not sure why you removed the slider from the live stream imo that was a dumb move as you now wont be able to watch the brightness change to get the perfect setting. Ever since your latest update the brightness wont save.
Copterkamera
Star
Star
No solution yet from Arlo! Same problem that the brightness value do not save. Also why take away the slider from the streaming view.???
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you updated to the latest iOS for your iPhone? Have you updated to the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App that was released on Nov 21st. I have attached the link to the firmware here - Firmware

Copterkamera
Star
Star
I have as I have stated earlier all the latest firmware. Why have Arlo/Netgear taken away the slider to adjust brightness as it first where in the live view?
Perth-Bok
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo can you please respond as I have the same issue here and no where can I see a solution from you.bad form 

RRRoss
Tutor
Tutor

thanks, Sorry, I guess I should of been a little more specific.  Will they be adding it back to the App? We used to be able to do this from the app as well, but it's no longer there.  I never use the browser version.

thanks for the reply.

RR

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Perth-Bok

What device/model/os are you using? Are you trying to change the brightness in live view mode or in the app settings? What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using?

Have you contacted customer support regarding this issue? 

Obie111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ijwhalley
Initiate
Initiate
@ShayneS
As an arlo employee you should already know it is not possible to change camera brightness in live view. Everything is up to date with latest firmware. As for customer support they arent any help for me as they just reffer me to here. This has now been going on far to long i think its about time you guys got it sorted dont you???
Perth-Bok
Tutor
Tutor

Hi have to agree with ShayneS. To be honest I see little value in The Arlo support team. It takes days for a response and they often ask questions we have already covered. Don’t worry about my brightness issue Arlo. I’ve figured it out myself by logging in via my desktop and sorting it out from there. If anyone has an issue setting the brightness, purely try and log in from a desktop computer to set it from there.

thanks .arlo.

Wmmcl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same issue with not being able to save the brightness settings. It always resets itself back to 50%. I am also sometimes not able to turn on night vision mode