Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with Schedule Mode in ARLO App

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ijselmuky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a scheduled Mode apart from Arm and Disarm modes for all cameras in the ARLO app so it will be easy to toggle between all 3 modes for all cameras. Now if I want to disarm and later switch to schedule mode for all cameras I will have to do it one by one

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ijselmuky wrote:
Makes sense! Any recommendations on base? I have mostly essential cameras

a VMB4540 is probably the best bet.

Do you have a wifi mesh (or use wifi extenders)?  If you do, then you'd likely need multiple bases (which does reduce the benefits).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ijselmuky wrote:
Now if I want to disarm and later switch to schedule mode for all cameras I will have to do it one by one

The answer to this depends on whether you are using a base/smarthub or not.

1. If you are using a single base (with all cameras connected to it), then you can change the rules for all cameras by changing to a single mode. (all cameras at once). 
  2. If you have multiple bases, you'll need to switch modes for each base (but not each camera).   
  3. If you don't have any bases, then you will need to switch modes for each camera.
ijselmuky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply! Yes I am in 3rd option never used a base, what will be distinct advantages if I bring in a base? This mode change could be a simple enhancement to the ARLO app to include one more option?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ijselmuky wrote:
what will be distinct advantages if I bring in a base? 
  • One advantage is that the mode can control all the cameras connected to the base.
  • A second advantage is that you can connect local storage to the base/smarthub - using that either as backup or as a substitute for a subscription.

ijselmuky
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ijselmuky wrote:

a VMB4540 is probably the best bet.

Do you have a wifi mesh (or use wifi extenders)?  If you do, then you'd likely need multiple bases (which does reduce the benefits).