Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing some notifications

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rmiller3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo seems to give me push notifications when I get motion detected, but I don't always get the audio cue.  The media volume on my phone is turned all the way up.  Is there any way to convince them to offer an option to fire an alarm on the phone like some calendar apps do that require you to actively dismiss the alarm.  I'm missing too many events and lose faith in the system.  

I did notice that dismissing old push notifications seems to help get it in a state where I start getting notifications again, however I would like to get all notifications and prefer to have audio keep playing until dismissed.

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
If you have an iPhone try power cycling it, this is what I do to get the audio working again for arlo notifications.
If you have the iPhone you are limited to the iPhone tri-tone sound. I’ve been waiting years for what you’re asking for so don’t hold your breath.
rmiller3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmm, I have an Android.  I haven't explicitly tried power cycling it, but I assume that would work as dismissing stale push notifications works.  However, given that I don't know when I get in the bad state other than seeing I have missed events, I can't make sure I get notified for everything.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Android device should be able to customise notification sounds but no sound until acknowledge ability.
Regards the missed notifications, do you have notifications enabled for do not disturb?
rmiller3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't use Do Not Disturb, but I just poked around that mode and there's an icon I would recognize so I can confirm it was never on.  That's a good guess though; thanks for the idea.

I can choose from among a few sounds, but they don't wake me up and I don't hear them if the phone is in another room (I do hear alarm sounds for other apps like calendar notifications that beep until acknowledged).  

Dannybear
Master
Master
I would also like to see improvement of the App to wake me as an option.
I expect the limitations of the iOS platform is holding back any move to provide this feature for android.
There are other third party integration platforms that could be able to achieve what you need but are cumbersome an add risks.
rmiller3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I might look into 3rd party apps -- if you have any recommendations I'm all ears!

Dannybear
Master
Master
SmartThings and ifttt off the top of my head, search here or research their website for arlo integration.
I have not used any so have no preference, others here could comment.