Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Having to Log out

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GKU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wish the site/app would automatically log you out or timeout ...... need to logout manually.

If not or one forget to someone if stolen could get in a erase the uploaded data/videos.

~ GKU

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It does timeout. Does it to me all the time.
GKU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lets say you don't logout.

Close the app and reopen the app, you will be still loged in.

If you don't logout maually someone could get your device and they can erase all uploaded videos.

Try it and see .........

Thanks !

GKU
Aspirant
Aspirant

GKU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not logging out automatically...............

The online browser works, but the app does not logout automatically or timeout.

If you don't logout and close the app and open it again it will sign you in automatically.

~ GKU

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see what you're saying.  My app has been open for ~25 minutes and hasn't timed out yet.  I believe that's a change in behavior, perhaps due to new products such as Baby coming online although I don't know when it happened or why the browser would work differently. I'm going to leave the app open for at least an hour to see if it times out but it appears that your observation is going to hold true.

The easy thing to do is to close the app for security although anyone with access to the phone could still just run the app again with no issues.  As a security measure, it doesn't make a difference.

GKU
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the meantime owners need to be aware, while using the app you need to remember to manually Logout or risk security vulnerability.

I hope the people at Arlo will see this and update their app to auto Logout when closing the app ?

~ Thanks ~ GKU

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You really don't want automatic logout for the app since at the very least it would break geofencing.
GKU
Aspirant
Aspirant

You won't break geofencing as long as you set the mode to it.

Login in or out won't change this or any other one of the mode status options that you last set.

Really up to the user if they want to stay loged in and risk security vulnerability.

Not me .......... my last reply.

~ GKU

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Last reply - got it. Just a point of fact, geofencing with Arlo won't work if logged out. The app can only be backgrounded. There's multiple threads and posts on this.