Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have been getting numerous "Camera is offline" issues this month

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

I have 5 Arlo cameras, and have not had many issues until recently.

First my batterys drained within 4 days of changing on several cameras.  I changed them all to fresh brand name batteries.

Now, for the past 3 days, All my cameras are showing "Camera is offline" every morning when I wake up.

I reset my system, and it works again.... until the next time this happens.

Why suddenly these issues? Anyone else having these problems?

My wife is ready to ditch the cameras and get something else due to the lack of reliability.

I am not aware of any power outages or internet outages this week.

33 REPLIES 33
EMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine almost always say all cameras are offline when I log in on my samsung note 5 phone. Checking the base station, there is almost always an idication that the basestation requires an update. I select it, the signal is sent to triger a base station update. And almost every time I get a failed to update message (the Version number does not change). As soon as that happens, all the cameras are back on line and will go live when I click on them. The only other way can get the cameras online is to remotely restart the base station.

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

Has there been any recent Arlo updates that has occured within the last 10 days or so?

(knock on wood) - So far I have not had any further "Camera is Offline" issues over the past 10 days.  

Will continue to monitor....

gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

EMT wrote:

Mine almost always say all cameras are offline when I log in on my samsung note 5 phone. Checking the base station, there is almost always an idication that the basestation requires an update. I select it, the signal is sent to triger a base station update. And almost every time I get a failed to update message (the Version number does not change). As soon as that happens, all the cameras are back on line and will go live when I click on them. The only other way can get the cameras online is to remotely restart the base station.

Welcome to the neighborhood.  It's the same issue I've described in this thread and it all sources back to the Android update on 7/5/16.  Firmware: 1.7.5_6178 is the latest version and the Android update (2.1.1_13571) seems to be the culprit since my IOS and laptop work perfectly with Arlo.  My Android simply performs all functions, except show me live video (Your device is offline).  Not sure how the Arlo folks are progressing since my case opened up around the 7th.  Case # 27108759.  I received an email today saying that "they're still working on it."  Wish I could revert my Android back to the older software.

gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

Restarting the base station used to remedy the problem for a few hours, but now, I have restarted it the past few days and still the devices are offline (and still working perfectly with IOS or laptop).

gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting:  I can get the Android app to function only if I try to update the base station from the Android app and allow it to fail (generates an error triggering).  Seems as if the request tricks the Android app into thinking that it's updated for the time being.  App even performs correctly if I change modes and come back to armed. 

Let's see how long it takes to either revert and / or say that a newer firmware version is available on the Android app.

gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

That was short lived:  15 mins.  I closed out all my apps on the Samsung S6 and clicked on the Arlo link.  The login info was blank, so I reentered the info and when the app opened up, "your device is offline."  Smh.

Good news:  I was able to repeat the steps a few posts ago to gain functionality back.  I will simply not close out the program to see how long it lasts.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If this is with the Android app 2.1.1, create a trouble ticket.  Raising awareness should help.  I'm in the process of this with support at the moment although we're just going in circles.  It's the app, not the hardware.

gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

Received updated Arlo software (2.1.2_13737) last night and the Android app now works flawlessly. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gljohn0,

Thank you for the feedback.

For those involved in this thread experiencing issues, Android update 2.1.2 has been released for the Arlo mobile app. Please download the update and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thank you,

JamesC