Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Release Notes – Base Station FW 1.7.5_6178 15th June 2016

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Anyone else experience constant "device is offline" since the firmware update?  My cameras worked great, but now I lose all 3 at least once a day.  I need to restart the base and hope they reconnect.

Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, don't have na answer.... actually ran that version since 5/29 and haven't seen any changes with connectivity to cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

New Android app as of yesterday - v2.1.1.  Update and see if that helps.

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the heads up... I'm updating now.
Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
I see that now icons by each camera have gotten larger... And my signal for all my cameras went from previously reported 80% to 100%....

One strange thing that either is a flaw or a fix after the base had its firmware updated.. about my front camera battery reading, it went from 36 to 96 about a week or 2 ago, I restarted the base a few times... Now camera is showing 90% battery. These are the original oem batteries that came with camera when I bought. Have been in the camera for over 2 months now... So weird.
gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue and it happened AFTER I updated the Arlo app.  Arlo system works perfectly when you access it online, but the app shoes my devices as offline.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using an R7k router instead of a base station? If so, I have a trouble ticket open for this. If using a base, try restarting it.

gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:

Are you using an R7k router instead of a base station? If so, I have a trouble ticket open for this. If using a base, try restarting it.

Nope.  I am using a base station.  I restarted it about 4 times in the past hour and finally, everything is functioning like normal on the app.  I did the same thing last night after the Arlo app update.  Is 1.7.5_6178 the latest firmware?  The app doesn't show a FW update since the restart (5 mins ago), but it too was that way last night, only to have the issue reappear today (devices offline on app and firmware red triangle even with 1.7.5_6178 installed).

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
I updated to latest android app 2.1.1 released today, as well as changed my router to 20mhz on 2.4 instead of 20/40. Restarted the base by unplugging from power. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I have been running for over 6 hours without losing a camera connection.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

gljohn0 wrote:

Nope.  I am using a base station.  I restarted it about 4 times in the past hour and finally, everything is functioning like normal on the app.  I did the same thing last night after the Arlo app update.  Is 1.7.5_6178 the latest firmware?  The app doesn't show a FW update since the restart (5 mins ago), but it too was that way last night, only to have the issue reappear today (devices offline on app and firmware red triangle even with 1.7.5_6178 installed).

You have the latest firmware installed.  Not sure why the update notification would appear.  I was hoping the base restart would clear it.

gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

Received updated Arlo software (2.1.2_13737) last night and the Android app now works flawlessly.