Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Arlouser120522
Follower
Follower

Granted access with all permissions shows that access is excepted, but no cameras are viewable in the other persons app. I have granted and deleted access multiple times and accepted the invitation from multiple devices with no success. Customer service is nonexistent. I’m very dissatisfied with the performance of this product.

Best answers
34 REPLIES 34
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same issue. I granted my wife access this morning. No camera's show up on my wife's app. I tried as well multiple times. It didn't matter if it was a camera on Wi-Fi or one that was hooked up to the VMB4000 base. Tried several different cameras. A no go on all the ones I tried. The accounts must be linked because I was able to enable the geofencing. Her phone showed up in the modes setting on my app and I was able to add her phone to the geofencing. On her phone it requested access to her location. The geofencing seems to work. Before I added my wife anytime I left the property the camera would arm. Today when I left, and my wife was still at home the camera did not arm. I've had Arlo cameras since 2019 and this is probably something on their end even if they say everything is working fine. From my past experiences with them. Their support or lack thereof leaves us to the mercy of this community or troubleshooting on our own. Hopefully someone else who has had this issue as well will chime in and share their experience. Deleting and adding user and removing and adding access to cameras hasn't helped my issue. This is my experience today with granting access to another user.

Thanks

Gary

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If not seeing the cameras on the new account, try accepting the invitation with a computer browser.

theaphextwin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Previously, I would grant access and once registered the user would have access to whatever cameras/doorbells I gave them access to. Now, no matter what device/browser no cameras are shown (just add device) even after it says they have accepted the invitation. I tried deleting and re-installing the app as well because the icon changed from the bird to the house so thought maybe that had something to do with it. Seems like a recent changed as I granted access 10/28/22 with no issues.

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I just tried accepting with a computer browser, and no devices showed up on my wife's account. I logged onto her account with a computer web browser and still no devices showed up. It looked like Arlo is implementing a new web interface. It had menus on the left side. One option was for a dashboard. Maybe that is causing the issue. Not the same web version I am using.

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

This might have something to do with it. I have an Arlo smart plan with up to 10 camera's (Grand fathered) I just bought a new camera which makes the 10th camera. This is the one I wanted to share with my wife. It came with a 30 day secure plan trial. It automatically was added to the secure plan. So perhaps a conflict between the two plans. That would explain the difference in web page looks and feel between my wife's login and mine. On my phone app and the web browser with my login show the camera in question under my smart plan. If this is the issue, then there should be a choice for existing customers to choose which plan they want when adding a new camera to an existing account. The one they pay for or the trial one offered. I might have missed it, but I don't believe I was offered a choice.

KeithD1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having similar issues since I changed my plan.

On my App in the Library I have the choice of selecting from Cloud or Base Station storage source. My wife's App shows the same notification qty however she has no option to select a storage source. All she can see (despite getting alert notifications) is the Cloud storage, she can't see any base station recordings.

While she can view the live recording, she can't replay the initial incident/cause. 

Very concerning as Arlo is meant to be a security device, so you should be able to play recording back and assess the risk. Getting a notification and being unable to retrieve the footage makes it worthless!

Fulano
Star
Star

I have the exact same problem. My app says my invited shares accepted. I talked to Arlo tech and he says they show as not accepted. I have a trouble ticket, but after 3 days, the problem is not resolved. I think they broke their app with an upgrade and now don't know how to fix it,

steadyon272
Initiate
Initiate

Im having th4e same issues, cannot get a resolotion to this from Arlo. Its possibly linked to a recent IOS apple update where she lost use and Ive spent all day trying to reconnect her and reinvite her. She is not accepted but cannot see on her Apple app the set up I have on my app.

How to get this resolved as I think its an Arlo software issue???

Arlo please help as your virtual chat is useless and no answers except lists Ive tried and exhausted!!!!

Fulano
Star
Star

Tech support keeps sending me the same procedures: delete friend and then reinvite. Upgrade Arlo app to the latest version (4.0.2) Released 12/6/2022. Then they ask me what version of iOS we're running (16.2). Everything we have is current and I have recycled at least 5 times. Nothing works. Every 3 days Arlo sends me a trouble ticket update with the exact same procedures. They say if I don't respond, they will close the trouble ticket.

They seem to be way over their heads on fixing this. My friend only gets push alarm videos,  but has no visibility to the cameras. Only I can see them.

Fulano
Star
Star
Daug
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue with my system.  Arlo support keeps sending the same response, delete friend, reinvite friend, blah, blah, blah. I've tried numerous attempts at grant friends access and used several different phones with no results.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daug wrote:

Same issue with my system.  Arlo support keeps sending the same response, delete friend, reinvite friend, blah, blah, blah. I've tried numerous attempts at grant friends access and used several different phones with no results.

In general, clicking on the "create account" link in the invite on a PC seems to work better.  That will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there, either create the account (if needed), or just log into it.

However, there is another issue that is linked to the transition from the older "Library" user experience to the new "Feed" experience.  More details on that are here:

There's no going back to "Library" after you switch over to "Feed", and there do seem to be some bugs with "Feed".  So keep that in mind.

Daug
Tutor
Tutor

Still not working. I currently have a trial subscription,  is that an issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daug wrote:

I currently have a trial subscription,  is that an issue?

No.

Vinnyg32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, just got the camera and 3 month trial. we're on the exact same software version and for the last week I've repeatedly deleted and invited my wife (to her own email. her own new account) to share the camera feed of my only camera and nothing. I've tried every variation from PC to PC, PC to android and so on... Same result regardless. It shows the invite accepted on my end as accepted after she clicks the link that was sent. She logs in and nothing...I might be sending this back, won't recommend this experience to anyone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vinnyg32 wrote:

Same problem, just got the camera and 3 month trial. we're on the exact same software version and for the last week I've repeatedly deleted and invited my wife (to her own email. her own new account) to share the camera feed of my only camera and nothing. 

This might be the issue:

Vinnyg32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great thank you. Such a bizarre non intuitive method to create compatibility ..

It was a pm'd method in the other thread?

Brown3003
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue any luck

steadyon272
Initiate
Initiate

Yes installed a different brand WUUK from Amazon very impressed and so far adavanced features support is excellent.

Vinnyg32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I got it working, I was under the impression that new update was something in the app store, but it's not...

It's in the app, when you click on security or something like that it actually updates directly to different server or something like that. Sorry I don't remember the details exactly but it just was surprising that the update was not something in the Google Play store.

aridoucette
Initiate
Initiate

The solution linked to worked for me. It took about five minutes after confirmation of migrating to the new UI that the friend invited with grant access was then able to see the devices and streams.

From @sdmcgeown 

The first thing you need to verify is if both the primary and secondary accounts are using the latest version of the Arlo mobile app (4.0.1 as of today). Second, both apps need to be using the same UI experience (you can quickly identify this by seeing if there is a "dashboard" option across the bottom of the app main screen after logging in). If you do not see dashboards, we need to force your account to migrate to the new UI experience. To do this, you will need to tap "Add new device", select "Arlo Home Security System" and you should be prompted to migrate to the new UI. After you receive verification that you've successfully migrated your account, you can then leave the Arlo Home Security System onboarding flow and then you should be able to share devices with the friend account.

dasforsyth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like I have this exact problem - my main account is on the old UI and the invited user is on the new UI. Invite says accepted, but the invited user sees no devices. 

The only problem is that the instructions below don't work for me. Specifically:

"If you do not see dashboards, we need to force your account to migrate to the new UI experience. To do this, you will need to tap "Add new device", select "Arlo Home Security System" and you should be prompted to migrate to the new UI".

When I go to add a new device, there is no option for "Arlo Home Security System". It just takes me to a page with "Cameras", "Lights", "Doorbells & Chimes" and "Base Station/Hub". I've been into each of these options and none of the sub-options are "Arlo Home Security System" either. 

Any help for this scenario?

NB: I have logged into the invited users account on my phone app - this shows the new UI and when I log back in as the main user it reverts back to the old UI. Not sure if this has anything to do with me not seeing an "Arlo Home Security System" option though. 

Vinnyg32
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem where it wouldn't upgrade either. By uninstalled the app (I use the Google app version) had uninstalled it, reinstalled it, signed in, went through some settings to check the version and then follow the instructions and it worked for me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may also be due to location since only the US currently will have that option as I understand it.