Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Starlink

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mbowman
Follower
Follower

Does anyone know how to make your smart hub work with Starlink internet?

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master

There are a number of threads about this in the forum. Most say you need to bypass the internal starlink router and use your own. You will loose app access to

Starlink internal GUI.

What dish type you have? The rectangle dish doesn’t have Ethernet ports so you will need the inline Ethernet adapter which is hard to find. Either type system will need an external router to manage the base station for Ethernet connection.

No idea if camera direct wifi connection will work, guess not if you have to bypass the internal router. 

tommazza
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was finally able to get everything working by using a cross-cable vs straight ethernet cable.  Run cross-cable from ethernet adapter to the base station or from a router to the base station.  You can get a cross cable from Amazon.  I noticed that several others were also successful once they used a cross-cable.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Does suggest that starlink are supplying a cheap Ethernet adapter with the kit that will not support crossover mode.

ksarm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seriously after two days or so...

(in order for this to FINALLY work I had to disconnect my google assistant)

1. Got to split starlink to 2.4 since arlo requires 2.4ghz. (Starlink app; settings - advanced - split 2.4 / 5 ghz networks)

2. Connect to your 2.4 starlink wifi on device you are using to set up your arlo system.

3. Follow all the arlo prescribed directions in the arlo secure app for adding base, cameras, etc.

cesco2465
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, bought a cheap $30 wifi extender with Ethernet jack.  Pair the extender with StarLink per manufacture setup procedure.  Take the cable plugged into your old router and plug it into the extender and you're done.  Everything should work as before with your arlo app, no new setup is required.