Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Verymad
Guide
Guide
The geofencing option on app disappeared.
System is basically useless now.
32 REPLIES 32
Verymad
Guide
Guide
My geofencing still not working. I have to open the app for it to realize I'm home and stop alerting me to movement.
The geofencing option is only available when the app has phone permission in addition to location permission. Phone permission seems to be constantly running, draining the phone battery.
Rosier87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have they done away with geofencing i can only som3timew access my base station and when i do the geofencing choice is gone

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot your base station? What Device/Model/OS are you using?

Rosier87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive rebooted many times no change I can change the batteries in my cameras and they will,not,like up I have to change changes close it up then open the battery pack back up to restart camera again before it will read as Well but geofencing has been gone off my system for almost a month

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What Device/Model/OS are you using?

Rosier87
Aspirant
Aspirant
I view my cameras from a lg g6 with android version 8.0
Whk9
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the Mode section I no longer have “Geofencing” as an option on my Samsung galaxy S8+. It show up in app on my iPad and my husbands Samsung. I have logged out and logged back in and even uninstalled app and reinstalled. Still no geofencing option under mode section. 

Whk9
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have rebooted and restarted phone as well several times. Mysteriously after I posted this couple hours later it's working again after weeks of not. Regardless fixed but unsure how. Thanks