Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Verymad
Guide
Guide
The geofencing option on app disappeared.
System is basically useless now.
32 REPLIES 32
Verymad
Guide
Guide
This on top of it not working in the first place.
Now the option is even gone!!!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Verymad,

Could you explain what you mean about Geofencing is gone? Are you experiencing this on both web and mobile app? What device and OS or browser version are you running? 

Verymad
Guide
Guide
I only use the arlo app.
Phone is Samsung s9 galaxy, up to date.
Geofencing was working , but very sporadic. Often not knowing if im home or away. Often arming itself when I'm sitting in my house.
Recently the geofencing option just disappeared off the app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the detailed info. Could you show a screenshot that shows where the geofencing option is missing from the app?

Verymad
Guide
Guide
My intention with this response was to do that, but the option didn't seem available. I would gladly do so if....
I
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the mode tab, click on your base so the modes and (hopefully) geofencing show. Take a screenshot of that screen and attach it to your reply here.

Verymad
Guide
Guide

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the screenshot. Have you tried reinstalling the app and rebooting your phone?

Verymad
Guide
Guide
Removed and reinstalled app this morning. . No change.
Now 10 hours later the geofencing option is magically back on the app.
Now if it will only work correctly.
It doesn't seem to run in the background. Usually only works correctly when app is open.
Verymad
Guide
Guide
Was in geofencing mode. Didn't realize I was home and alerted me to movement. Opened app again and the geofencing option is gone again.
rbauer1372
Aspirant
Aspirant

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Verymad,

Have you tried clearing the cache for the Arlo app through the phone settings? And just to make sure, could you let me know the Android version your phone is running on and the Arlo app version?

Verymad
Guide
Guide
I dont see an option to clear cache. Galaxy s9.
Phone is up to date, whatever it is, and the app is your current one. Uninstalled, and installed again, multiple times.
Verymad
Guide
Guide
My phone has a state farm insurance drive safe app that runs in the background without issue.

It seems the arlo app just doesn't work. Nothing new...
Verymad
Guide
Guide
And by the way. I used to have an iPhone S5 and it worked fine with that. But that was 1950. Its 2018. Fix your junk!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try these following steps on your Galaxy S9 where it states "Clear Individual App Cache" when clearing your app cache: Clear App Cache - Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+.

Nzpro2
Aspirant
Aspirant
After recent updates the geofencing option dispite not working very well is no longer avaliable through the app which is even more frustrating.
Verymad
Guide
Guide
Did that. Still dont have the geofencing option.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What app are you using?

I still see it under modes on my Android app.

Julio_NZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, geofencing was removed from mine with the last update too.
It never worked properly for me anyway. More of a worry is now I can only access 'mode' 10% of the time!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I have reached out to you via PM to gather more information to investigate in this further.

Verymad
Guide
Guide
Having the same issue. When I touch mode, it shows armed or disarmed., but I cant access the options to change that. If I touch devices, then go back to mode, the choices appear.
Verymad
Guide
Guide
Found something else. When app is installed it asks for permissions. Location I understand, but it also asks for phone permission, which would allow the app to make and manage phone calls? Why??

Giving the app phone permission allows the geofencing to work and appear under mode. Well seems too, I'll find out.
Nzpro2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't received a contact yet @JessicaP