Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Coriolanus
Guide
Guide

I understand that GeoFencing is still in beta, but I appear to have encountered a show-stopping bug, at least for Geofencing. Specifically, Arlo seems to no longer update the locations of the two phones associated with geofencing in my household.

My phone is always marked as "Out of Zone" no matter where it is - whether it's in the zone or not. My wife's phone is always marked as "In Zone" no matter where it is, even if it is out. There seems to be no mechanism to reset the geofencing features, so I'm stuck.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Coriolanus,

It sounds like the app is not able to update your location. Do you have your phones data network and Location enabled on both devices?

JamesC

Coriolanus
Guide
Guide

All devices have location activated.

Coriolanus
Guide
Guide

I have noticed a second bug as well - the Arlo App on Android seems to be experiencing a battery drain due to the GPS being on and searching for location whenever the app is launched (or even inactive).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't used geofencing much but I didn't notice much battery drain when I did.  What are your location settings on the phone?

BTW, even inactive, the app has to be monitoring your location for GF to work.

Coriolanus
Guide
Guide

I understand that, but I didn't think that the Arlo App should be the #1 battery drain on my phone while inactive, keeping the GPS location services going constantly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you saying that you've checked the battery usage in your phone settings and verified that Arlo is the heavy user?

Coriolanus
Guide
Guide

Yes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hmmm. About all you can try is to reinstall the app. I assume the phone is up to date?